jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

HubPages Is Putting My Hubs Into Some Weird Categories/What Can I Do?

1. letstalkabouteduc profile image88
    letstalkabouteducposted 16 months ago

Above the title I created, Hubpages has a category written in red. Some of my hubs are getting placed in fitting categories but other aren't. For example, I wrote a hub about Stephen Ira Beatty, the transgender son of Warren Beatty. It has "Soap Opera" written above the title rather than something more suitable such as "Celebrities," "LGBT," etc.  Do I have any control over this? How can I change these?  Thanks!

2. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 16 months ago

You can access and edit the topic each Hub is classified under from this page in your account settings,

http://hubpages.com/my/hubs/topics

3. paradigm search profile image80
    paradigm searchposted 16 months ago

If you can find an existing topic category/subcategory that more accurately represents your hub, go for it. I can't see HP minding that.

At top-of-page in edit mode, you will see "Topic 'whatever' click to edit "

4. DzyMsLizzy profile image90
    DzyMsLizzyposted 16 months ago

I have never seen this happen. Hub Pages has never changed any category I've selected for any hub, even those which fellow Hubbers have later told me would do better in a different category.

1. paradigm search profile image80
      paradigm searchposted 16 months ago in reply to this

I think HP has done it to me on several occasions. I've been fine with it. Come to think of it, I think I'll go visit my main-account profile page and see what they've been up to lately.

5. letstalkabouteduc profile image88
    letstalkabouteducposted 16 months ago

Thanks! I changed them.

working