jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Referral links removal?

1. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image95
    TIMETRAVELER2posted 12 months ago

Would someone please explain to me what  Paul is talking about when he says the team is removing referral links inside of hubs and is asking that we not use more of them in new hubs?  I'm a bit foggy as to what he means?  Does he mean that when you place a link in a hub that readers can click on that takes them to another site you cannot do this anymore?  I am totally confused here!

2. LindaSmith1 profile image60
    LindaSmith1posted 12 months ago
  3. Glenn Stok profile image96
    Glenn Stokposted 12 months ago

TT2 - Outbound links to other sites have nothing to do with this. Paul is referring to the use of your referral tracker ID in links that go from Hubs to other pages within HubPages. With the referral program you earn 10% of the impressions from users who signed up via your referral.

You are still allowed to use referral links from other sites pointing to HubPages. But the program was never meant to gain from people who already are within the site reading hubs. So links from hub to hub should not have referral trackers included in the URL and now they will be automatically removed where found.

1. stricktlydating profile image86
      stricktlydatingposted 12 months ago in reply to this

Yes Glenn, I take it to mean exactly what you explained here.

2. TIMETRAVELER2 profile image95
      TIMETRAVELER2posted 12 months ago in reply to this

Thanks, Glenn:

I can always count on you to get clear, concise answers to issues that are confusing to an old lady like me!

4. makingamark profile image77
    makingamarkposted 12 months ago

Read the second link in the second line of the thread about this
    Removing HubPages Referral Links From Hubs

You'll find that the this link (re. "HubPages referral links" http://hubpages.com/faq/#affiliate) provides an explicit statement about what they are i.e. something that does NOT affect most people

....and did you really need to use a pic like that (or any pic?)?
    You want to give people a headache?