I'd like feedback on my Hub: GIVE THE GIFT OF READING this year

1. James M Becher profile image57
    James M Becherposted 12 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub GIVE THE GIFT OF READING this year. What can I do to improve this gift guide hub?   In order to limit the number of Amazon links, I eliminated the Amazon capsules about the first 3 books in favor of links to my other hubs about those books, which hubs have Amazon links.  Was this wise, or should I have kept the Amazon capsules?   I thought having fewer Amazon capsules would help to get it featured.   I'm confused.  Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image93
      theraggededgeposted 12 months ago in reply to this

You have too many quotes, reviews and extracts that don't add anything much to the premise that children play too many games instead of reading. Remember you are writing for the internet so all the text should be snappy, well spaced out and easy to understand. Pretend you are writing for an intelligent 12 year old.

Lose some of the UPPER CASE words - it's horrible to read.

You're using the hub to promote your own books which may be causing the hub to fail the QAP. Again, you are using quotes and reviews which QAP may see as duplicate content. I typed a short extract of the synopsis of one of your books into Google and it threw up many duplicates.

For a gift hub, it seems a little dull, image-wise. You need to brighten it up a bit. What age group is this aimed at - it's a little confusing. You talk about teenagers in the intro but the only book that looks suitable for children is the Narnia series? Narnia has been done to death, I'm sure you can find something a little different.

Hope that helps.