jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (7 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: New Social Media Trends

1. Vanu430 profile image62
    Vanu430posted 11 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub New Social Media Trends (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image92
      theraggededgeposted 11 months ago in reply to this

Same feedback as previously given on your other hub. They are almost identical so I'll copy and paste it in.

"Your hub is too short, too general and doesn't tell us anything new. Who do you think will be looking for this kind of information and what will they learn on your hub? Bearing in mind that such readers are looking at your article from a computer or mobile device. Wouldn't it be safe to say that they would already know about Facebook and Twitter?"

I'm sure you could find a topic to write a detailed, well formatted and entertaining article about?

Vanu430posted 11 months ago in reply to this

Thanks theraggededge, I will write a new article.

2. Anna C Taylor profile image83
      Anna C Taylorposted 11 months ago in reply to this

The thing is, these aren't really trends. They're social media sites. If you want to talk about trends you could talk about the need to adhere to stricter user privacy concerns or the prevalence of video. Or you could discuss the necessity of SEO and optimization for mobile.

This article would be better titled "New Social Media Sites" or more accurately "Well-established Social Media Sites".

The article's title makes it sound like it's for marketers but your hub seems to be talking about personal social media usage and accounts. I'd suggest expanding the list to include new social media sites and changing the title.

2. FatFreddysCat profile image95
    FatFreddysCatposted 11 months ago

Facebook and LinkedIn are "new social media trends?" Welcome to 2008.

Vanu430posted 11 months ago in reply to this

I missed that

3. Kristen Howe profile image83
    Kristen Howeposted 11 months ago

Vanu, you need to do research on the latest social media trends for this year alone with Pinterest and Vine for example. Or instagram. A reason why you're hub was rejected because it wasn't updated with the latest social media trends. Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn aren't new. Like Fat Freddy'sCat said, they were intercepted in 2008. Get with the ages and try again!