jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (10 posts)

New Amazon Associate rules

1. notnym profile image87
    notnymposted 14 months ago

Hi,

Updated Amazon Associate rules now state this:

"You must, however, clearly state the following on your site: “[Insert your name] is a participant in the Amazon EU Associates Programme, an affiliate advertising programme designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to [insert applicable site name (Amazon.co.uk/Amazon.de/de.BuyVIP.com/Amazon.fr/Amazon.it/it.BuyVIP.com/Amazon.es/ es.BuyVIP.com)].”

Does this mean that every Hub I publish should state this at the end?

1. Millionaire Tips profile image89
      Millionaire Tipsposted 14 months ago in reply to this

There is a line in the footer of every page that says "HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, eBay, Google, and others."  I think that covers it.

notnymposted 14 months ago in reply to this

Good point. Hopefully that's enough.

It would be good to know if it actually satisfies Amazon's requirements.

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 14 months ago

HubPages does not participate in the EU associates program, nor will codes from that program work on this site.

But links to Amazon UK do.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
        Marisa Wrightposted 14 months ago in reply to this

Only in-text links that you create yourself. Official HubPages links work for the US site only. IF you choose to create your own links then you need to make your own disclosure.

1. makingamark profile image76
          makingamarkposted 14 months ago in reply to this

1+

That's how I've always interpreted it. HubPages works with Amazon.com

What you do with Amazon EU is entirely down to you.

With respect to the message it just needs to be really clear that you have Amazon Associate links on the site.

2. notnym profile image87

Thanks

3. mtariqsattar profile image77
    mtariqsattarposted 14 months ago

This is new thing for me, I myself have to look out, but thanks for bringing up this.

4. notnym profile image87
    notnymposted 14 months ago

I'm starting to see a reasonable amount from Amazon now and I don't want to risk being kicked out, so I've added a disclaimer to the bottom of all of my hubs.

working