jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (5 posts)

Explore:Hubs:Popular Should Change

1. Jodah profile image88
    Jodahposted 10 months ago

Why are the hubs shown under "Popular" (the default) always the same five? I only check this occasionally but the same hubs are shown week after week...surely there are more than just these hubs that are classed as popular. It is so boring to see the same ones all the time, and it must be especially so for visitors to the site. None of those shown would draw me in to checking further hubs or joining. It would be good if these changed weekly at least.

1. Chriswillman90 profile image90
      Chriswillman90posted 10 months ago in reply to this

I agree, they should switch them around because there's plenty more additional excellent hubs to showcase. I understand why those 5 are shown but we need more variety to make the site really stand out more.

2. 0
      flakycrustedmemryposted 8 months ago in reply to this

Yep, it is common sense to keep a homepage updated better.

2. makingamark profile image77
    makingamarkposted 10 months ago

...because HubPages has never ever got around to changing the algorithm so that it takes into account when the hub was made, when it was last updated - and when it got the big peak in traffic which means it's always on top of the popular list

If they eliminated any factors which reference traffic more than one year old you'd probably see a very diiferent popular list

After all Google only counts certain factors (like traffic peaks) for 6 months - and then it ignores them.

Ask anybody who has ever had a popular blog post on a topic and how it can ride very high for several months - and then sink like a stone.

1. Jodah profile image88
      Jodahposted 10 months ago in reply to this

This issue has been resolved. The hubs listed on the "Popular Hubs" page has now changed. Thank you HP staff.