How to increase fan club member

Jump to Last Post 1-7 of 7 discussions (16 posts)
  1. ajayrjha profile image36
    ajayrjhaposted 15 years ago

I have written many unique hubs and helping hubs. I share in my hubs what I achieved in 10 year of on internet. I have deep knowledge in SEO, Health, blogging  and business topics but in three week I only four friends. I have written more than 16 hubs in three week. I really write helping hubs, so please have a look on my hubpages and join my friend club. I think deserve this! Thanks in advance please join my friends club.

1. SeSharer profile image59
      SeSharerposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I am also confused.
      See what happen then...

2. belief713 profile image60
      belief713posted 14 years agoin reply to this

It also probably doesn't help that one of the niches you target is crowded with content. Hubbers using the search option don't always find your content because there's so much on the topic. Not discrediting yours at all, but try to pick smaller niches and that may help.

Take for example, one of my hubs about breastfeeding - more specifically breastmilk storage. When I published that hub there were only a few others on the topic of breastfeeding. I didn't want to touch or cover topics that others had already done so well, so I searched for a topic that wasn't covered already and hubbed on it. I understand that's a little harder for newcomers, but it works. If you search breastmilk storage on hubpages, guess who comes up first?

Same with the topic of cosleeping - I was the first to create Hubs on cosleeping - and if you search it right now, all of my Hubs come up first, and there's only a few hubs on the topic.

Both hubs have pretty decent scores and get decent amounts of organic traffic and when you run a search on HubPages, my articles are first (well, those two anyway). Why? Low competition. (well, I'm not an expert, so this is all opinion & evidence based)

Still haven't figured out HubPages algorithm to searches...

Also, don't let the amount of fans you have determine your success. While HubPages is a great social community, most of the benefits (I've personally found anyway) you'll reap will come from organic Google searches. Yes, Hubbers get notified of new Hubs when you publish, but other than that, I don't see a huge advantage to having a large following of fans. I personally only fan people who's content interests me and who I want to get notified when they publish new content. That doesn't mean I don't like other writers/people on HubPages, but that's the way the system works for now. It'a not like Facebook or Twitter where you see your friends updates in a sidebar. It's not meant for that - it's meant to provide quality content. If you're doing that, just keep doing it and concentrate on your search results in Google.

I don't have a huge amount of fans, and at first it bothered me, but then I learned to respect it. I target smaller niches and ones that don't interest everyone. And I'm not as active in the community as I once was. But I'm making money with HubPages (waiting for my third payout from AdSense), so it obviously doesn't weigh or neigh your success. It more or less just fluffs you up smile

Just my 2 cents, for whatever they're worth.

2. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

What goes around comes around. Reach out for people, comment on other hubs, take part in forum discussions, become a fan of others... All this assuming your hubs are worth something...

1. ajayrjha profile image36
      ajayrjhaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

thanks for advice

2. aniketgore profile image61
      aniketgoreposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's true. Take part in forums and you will get good fans not the always follow peoples.

3. profile image49
    badcompany99posted 15 years ago

Just become part of the community and the fans will come, you do have to partake.

1. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Paratke? Are we eating or something???lolololo big_smile

4. MotherHubber profile image60
    MotherHubberposted 14 years ago

As I have said before, my mom is the only one who really views my hubs :-) 

Kidding, of course.

I have noticed that you gotta give to receive.  You reap what you sow. You scratch my back, I'll scratch yours.  Oh, and Misha is right.  Your writing absolutely cannot suck, bucause if it does, who wants to be a fan?

5. Everyday Miracles profile image85
    Everyday Miraclesposted 14 years ago

See, I'm inclined to listen to someone like MOtherHubber. Been here three months with a hub score of 99? Now that's a hubber who is doing something right!

I publish a lot. I have one controversial hub and that drew in a lot of traffic. It rated high in the religion section on the home page which led me to get more profile views, and therefore more hub views. More hub views means the potential for more fans.

I'm also working now on cultivating. I'm working on hubs I wrote when I first got here to improve them and to inter-link my hubs as Shailini suggested in one of her hubs on increasing traffic. In two days I've seen a definite increase in unique visitors smile

6. ledefensetech profile image68
    ledefensetechposted 14 years ago

OK so that's one way to get people is through hubpages, but doesn't part of your ranking also come from external links like Google and Yahoo? 

@Everyday - which article was it that was controversial?  I'm not so sure I want to stir up controversy just to get page views.  Although I suppose that depends on the strength of your writing.  If you write well, it doesn't really matter what you write about, people will still read it.

Also does hubpages not penalize for inter-hub links?  I was bad and had three self serving links in one of my articles.  So I changed it and resubmitted it.  Learning by experience can be so much fun.

1. belief713 profile image60
      belief713posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nope, from my understanding you can link to your own Hubs as many times as you like!

You live and you learn. At least HubPages gives you a chance to redeem yourself - unlike some other places that just take down your content with a friendly email AFTER the fact (hasn't happened to me but it still is rude and sucks, especially if you don't have a back-up).

2. Everyday Miracles profile image85
      Everyday Miraclesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Abrasive Atheists and Contrary Christians. If you look at my profile you should be able to get to it easily enough. I think we aren't supposed to post our own links in this forum (correct me if I'm wrong, please!).

Edit: the original last line of this message was untrue, so I'm removing it. I forgot that it was a different article that was a response.

The article in question was actually more of a testing to see how a book on the subject of how to not evangelize would be received.

1. ledefensetech profile image68
        ledefensetechposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow, lining up to take flack from both sides aren't you.  I've always thought it was funny that if you take so-called science and so-called reason out of the atheist debate, you'd get what sounds like a theistic argument. 

I'll give it a read, it sounds interesting.

1. Everyday Miracles profile image85
          Everyday Miraclesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Honestly, that's part of what I think caused me to get so many hits on that particular hub, almost immediately. I didn't want to argue with people (which is part of the purpose of the writing of the hub) and it was the first one that I did that I feel was truly complete (links, vids, etc). I think it will probably always be one of my favorites!

7. ledefensetech profile image68
    ledefensetechposted 14 years ago

It's no biggie.  I'm glad hubpages gives you the chance to learn.  Often times it seems we all pay the price for the antics of spammers.  I'm proud of the fact that I'm giving up quality content to people.  There's so many legitimate ways to make money that you don't need to cheat.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)