jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (8 posts)

bio was removed looking for help

1. Oneironaut profile image83
    Oneironautposted 9 months ago

My bio was written to be somewhat funny, and I put it in all my hubs. I basically said that I was a brain re-programmer with one happy customer, then inferred that I was my own customer. This, apparently, was not acceptable.
    I have since changed my bio to make it be relevant to my posts, but it is still saying that my bios will not be seen because they have been reported. This was instantly after my edit.
    Is there any steps to take, or will they be reviewed since the edit?
    Where do I go from here?

1. calculus-geometry profile image87
      calculus-geometryposted 9 months ago in reply to this

according to the hp official blog post they made when bios were first rolled out it seems moderators might disable bios that are too cheeky. http://blog.hubpages.com/2015/06/25/com … ographies/

maybe you can put something in the text instead.

2. galleryofgrace profile image81
      galleryofgraceposted 9 months ago in reply to this

Your bio belongs in your profile not in every hub. Readers might check your profile to read your bio. If they deem you worthy that might find other hubs to read.

Oneironautposted 9 months ago in reply to this

I understand, when it comes to the full bio, but if a 140 word bio should not be in hubs, why do we get an option to do so? Why do we get 25 options for various mini-bios that could relate to a hub if we are not supposed to put bios in our hub?

I get it, I did not make a specific enough mini-bio, so I made one that is more reasonable for the hub. But it is not allowing me to do so, now and I do not know what to do. It says they only give tech help through email, but dont list the email and have (seemingly) no reasonable method of attempting to show them that you are attempting to follow the guidelines for mini-bios.

1. SheilaMilne profile image90
          SheilaMilneposted 9 months ago in reply to this

The mini-bios are added automatically to your hubs.  They appear in the right hand side-bar.  If you've added them to the hubs themselves, they will appear twice.

I believe the email address you need is team @ hubpages dot com

Oneironautposted 9 months ago in reply to this

thank you

2. Marisa Wright profile image91
        Marisa Wrightposted 9 months ago in reply to this

Not quite, GofG.   You may have missed the introduction of biographies, which appear on your Hubs now.  Go to "About the Author" in your Account section and you'll find you can create short, tailored biographies which you can then assign to each of your Hubs.

2. paradigmsearch profile image90
    paradigmsearchposted 9 months ago

Hmmm. Guess I better get rid of my rocket surgeon reference... big_smile

Well, since edit didn't work; only thing I can think of is to do an outright delete and create a new one from scratch. If that doesn't work, then time to poke team at hubpages dot com.