jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (13 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: Penticton Real Estate

1. pentictonrealtor profile image60
    pentictonrealtorposted 17 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub Penticton Real Estate (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. profile image0
      calculus-geometryposted 17 months ago in reply to this

If there is a spectrum with advertisement at one end and purely informational at the other end, your article is closer to advertisement.  To get an article to pass on HP you have to be at the other end.  Try to rewrite the article as if you just wanted to let people know how great you think your town is. Lose the links, they will be considered spam by HP.

This is the best resource: http://hubpages.com/learningcenter/contents

(In a few seconds my shadow will join this thread and write 78,372,843 paragraphs saying the same thing.)

2. galleryofgrace profile image82
      galleryofgraceposted 17 months ago in reply to this

Hub pages is not for free advertising!

pentictonrealtorposted 17 months ago in reply to this

In all honesty this hub is promoting a city. I don't consider that advertising - Yeah you could, but the same could be said for nearly any topic. There is a lot of information on this hub. I looked at other hubs that contained information about cities and found that they contained far less than what I have on my hub. Anyways I will be adding more information about the city and see if that makes any difference.

2. pentictonrealtor profile image60

Thanks for the feedback. I'll revisit the hub and try add some more information.

1. sallybea profile image96
      sallybeaposted 17 months ago in reply to this

I don't believe that you are allowed to have so many external links.  I counted at least, fifteen and one of them links to your own business which I think would  be considered spam.

A single link to my own site is considered spam? Wow - If that is the case why would anyone create hubs? I can't imagine that you can make enough money off of a portion of the advertising revenues that would be generated. Lets be completely honest ; If someone is creating content on an external site it is usually for SEO purposes.

1. profile image0

HP has been making the rules more restrictive over the years so that you really can't use the site to promote businesses (or other web properties) in an obvious way.  But there are people who do it subtly under the radar.  I won't out them or their methods, that would be really dickish.

To be honest, this site is no longer a good place to promote other businesses anyway.  The owners are slowly taking all the good content off the site to build niche sites with it, and soon what is left on this site will be poorly written articles and OK-ish articles on unpopular and obscure topics.  You'd be better off putting your Penticton articles on your own site.

1. Jesse Drzal profile image88
            Jesse Drzalposted 17 months ago in reply to this

Is everyone that is any good, in your opinion, really taking all their material off the site? Can you back this statement up with any sort of reasonable facts?

I just realized this when a friend of mine went to check out his old Hub pages account. Without notice all of his content that was previously approved had been removed from public viewing. Not being the kind of guy to let perfectly good content go to waste to moved it elsewhere. I  think Hubpages requiring exceptional content is great. The last thing we need is more junk on the internet.

2. profile image0

The owners of HP.

2. Stacie L profile image87
          Stacie Lposted 17 months ago in reply to this

I already have links to your business on your profile page.

3. pentictonrealtor profile image60

Well I got rid of a lot of the links. Changed some of the content and added a little bit more text so we will see how it goes.

Thanks to all of you for your comments - Good or bad, it is always appreciated.

working