jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Copied Hubs

1. Sherry Hewins profile image95
    Sherry Hewinsposted 9 months ago

I just found a site that has some of my hubs on some other writer's hubs. It looks like it is all scraped content to me. http://www.toknowthings. com/

2. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 9 months ago

I tried to click onto the site and it took me to information super highway. I have not been here in a long long time. But you can bet someone will come along shortly and provide you with an answer. Thank you for sharing. smile

Sherry Hewinsposted 9 months ago in reply to this

I didn't really have a question. I was just giving a head's up to others who may have hubs that have been copied there. I left a space before the .com to avoid giving them a link.

3. Judi Bee profile image87
    Judi Beeposted 9 months ago

Hi Sherry

I posted about this site a while ago.  Your post reminded me that I've not had any reply to my DMCA, so I'll chase it up.

Here's the previous thread:

http://hubpages.com/community/forum/135 … pying-hubs

Thanks Judi Bee. I missed that one. There is a contact button on the site now that says if there are any problems with the article to contact them. So, I went that route for starters.

4. Stacie L profile image86
    Stacie Lposted 9 months ago

My security software is calling this site a moderate risk and to not open it.

I have Titanium, and it didn't give me any kind of a warning.

5. Marisa Wright profile image93
    Marisa Wrightposted 7 months ago

This site has simply switched hosts and is up and running again at GoDaddy. 

GoDaddy can sometimes be slow to respond to DMCAs but it's still worth doing. 

I notice he's using Adsense.  If he loses his Adsense that will hurt him a lot more than being dumped by his host, so the best plan is to click on one of his ads, scroll down to the bottom of the page, click on "report an issue with the website" and follow the prompts to lodge a complaint as the copyright owner of as many of your Hubs as you can find there.

working