jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

Comments Module.

1. 0
    ColdWarBabyposted 7 years ago

It would be nice if the comments module could support a bit of formatting. Bold, italic, underline would be nice. It helps communication to be able to emphasize occasionally.
    Also, the space after paragraph seems to go arbitrary at times. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not.
    Just a thought.

1. JamaGenee profile image88
      JamaGeneeposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Bold, italic, etc *would* be nice. 

As for the extra space after a paragraph, I routinely "Edit Comment" and remove them. Only takes a couple of seconds. Would guess it saves bandwidth on HP's servers too (hint, hint).

1. 0
        ColdWarBabyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I do that sometimes myself. It doesn't always work however. Sometimes I want a new paragraph, without a space, and hitting enter to move the sentence down one line puts in a space no matter what. I've even encountered a few instances where it put in a double space.

2. 0
    shreekrishnaposted 7 years ago

i am in your favour,
    it should be done.

3. Whitney05 profile image67
    Whitney05posted 7 years ago

Would be interesting, and I've thought about it as well. But, I also see people, especially those who aren't users of HP over-using the bold feature. I mean, as it is people constantly use all CAPs, which is irritating enough.

4. Lisa HW profile image82
    Lisa HWposted 7 years ago

I take that extra space out too, but it sort of bugs me that I have to do that (although, I guess, I don't "have" to do it).

I've thought it would be nice to have a way to add a simple smiley.  Maybe it's the nature of the Hubs that I tend to write, but I often find I'm wishing I could add a smiley, just to make it clear when some responses are really friendly.  Also, sometimes I'd just like to add a smiley to let someone know I appreciated their comment.