jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (8 posts)

Is there any way to do target links on hubpages?

1. revolutionbjj profile image93
    revolutionbjjposted 14 months ago

You know, like Wikipedia has at the top of their pages?  Kind of a "table of contents" with the ability to click the links to zip down to the lower (pertinent) parts of the page?  Sorry if this is obviously answered elsewhere!

1. SheilaMilne profile image88
      SheilaMilneposted 14 months ago in reply to this

There isn't an inbuilt function to do this, but I followed these instructions by Britflorida
      http://hubpages.com/art/create-a-simple … structions

I found it relatively straightforward to follow, although a bit long-winded so I've only used it in a few hubs.

revolutionbjjposted 14 months ago in reply to this

Great, thanks!  I will check it out.  There's really only one hub I'd really like for this, and it's really long:
        <link snipped>

2. revolutionbjj profile image93
    revolutionbjjposted 14 months ago

Thanks again, Sheila.  I got this to work!

-Andrew

3. relache profile image89
    relacheposted 14 months ago

If you ever edit a Hub in which you have built anchor links and you move the capsules, it will break all those links and you will have to redo them. 

Be careful.

Thanks for the heads up.  I kind of figured as much.  I will definitely keep an eye out if/when that happens.

1. relache profile image89
        relacheposted 14 months ago in reply to this

By be careful, I mean even if you move an unrelated capsule, it will leave the code looking like it works/ is working but will actually break your anchors.

It's one of the worst, long-standing bugs in the site.

Gotcha.  That sucks, but I understand it's something I have to watch out for.  I appreciate the time and info!

working