jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: The Dusty Name called Success

1. KevinKabuga3 profile image60
    KevinKabuga3posted 3 months ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub The Dusty Name called Success (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve? Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image93
      theraggededgeposted 3 months ago in reply to this
    2. wrenchBiscuit profile image88
      wrenchBiscuitposted 3 months ago in reply to this

I read some of the comments and then read your essay. Unless you changed a lot since the comments were made , it appears OK to me. You stay focused, and the essay moves from beginning to end as it should.Your piece is essentially philosophy. Smart, educated, people are interested in, and understand philosophy. The average American is not well educated, nor do they understand philosophy. The title is clever and forces us to look at success in a different light. It's good to ask for advice, as long as you don't forget who you are asking, and their limitations.

2. Chatty Chat profile image86
    Chatty Chatposted 3 months ago

All I see are a few pictures, a video, a link to buy a dress, and a few sentences in between.  You don't explain why is success a dusty name.

You need to write a lot more before publishing on this website.  Aim for at least 600 words per hub.  Articles with pretty pictures and few words won't make the cut here. The Learning Center is a great resource for new Hubbers.  Check it out before you publish your next hub.

3. FatFreddysCat profile image94
    FatFreddysCatposted 3 months ago

Your title doesn't make any sense. The page is mostly pictures and other junk and hardly any writing. It just seemed like a bunch of random stuff thrown together on a page.

If there was a point to this piece, I couldn't find it.

4. Will Apse profile image90
    Will Apseposted 3 months ago

We all need to start somewhere. Just learning how to use HP software is a significant investment of time. So, well done for including the most important

As others have said, though, a page needs to have plenty of content provided by the writer.

5. KevinKabuga3 profile image60
    KevinKabuga3posted 3 months ago

Thanks a lot for the information. Still new and learning. Asante sana.

6. chasmac profile image99
    chasmacposted 3 months ago

The Amazon ad for a music keyboard has no relevance to your hub and will prevent it from being featured. Also what's the point of the map of the Kenyan National Park? The only connection I can see is that it's the location of one of your own personal successes (climbing a mountain, etc). It's fine to mention it as an example, but there's no need to show the map.

As for your title, I had no idea what it meant until I read the first paragraph and learned that the "dust of success" is referring to the things that blind us and can prevent us from reaching our goals. That's fine, but the hub won't show up in search engines well as nobody is likely to enter your title as a search term. It's a "how to be successful" Hub, so having the word "success" in your title is good but the word "dust" too will confuse everyone including search engines. Also, I think if I was looking for a "how to be successful" article and yours was included in search results I'd be reluctant to click on it as I wouldn't be sure from the title that it would give the info I'm looking for. I'd play safe and choose one with a more boring, but descriptive, title like "How to achieve your goals".

To be clear, I don't know if the title (unlike the Amazon ad) is also preventing your Hub from being featured, but it will definitely minimise your Hub's chance of being successful at getting decent traffic, (which is ironic, really, given the topic of the Hub).