jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (7 posts)

Thank you Bev

1. Rupert Taylor profile image94
    Rupert Taylorposted 6 weeks ago

A big thank you to Bev, who posts under the screen name of The Ragged Edge. She offers a lot of advice to newbies trying their hand at writing. The guidance, while always graciously offered, is not always graciously received. (I've had similar experiences and it gets a bit discouraging.) Bev must spend hours reading aspiring Hubs and making suggestions as to how to improve them. Although, I've been in writing racket for half a century, I always read Bev's critiques and learn something from them. Just wanted to recognize the efforts of a fellow Hubber.

1. theraggededge profile image94
      theraggededgeposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

Aw... thanks, Rupert.

It doesn't take too long... and it's lovely to come across the odd gem of a hub, and enthusiastic new hubber who really wants to have a go at writing well. Plus I can get crabby at the Ruewbies big_smile

1. DrMark1961 profile image92
        DrMark1961posted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

I too have learned a lot from reading your comments and am always amazed that you take the time to respond to all of those newbies. As you mention, you do find a good one at times but most of us can not put up with all of the rudeness and nasty replies.
        Kudos! I am sure if Mr. Lee had not been banned he would thank you too!!!!

2. Solaras profile image92
      Solarasposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

Hear Hear! She does always offer solid, succinct advice. Most people hate to be criticized, even if they have asked for the critique. They hate to hear their babies are imperfect lol.

3. Jayne Lancer profile image91
      Jayne Lancerposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

I agree.  Bev really does seem to have a genuine interest in helping others.

I actually voted her most helpful Hubber in this year's Hubbie Awards.

1. theraggededge profile image94
        theraggededgeposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

Blimey big_smile Thank you, Jayne.

And Solaras x

And Dr Mark - saviour of MableAble's ear x

4. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

Here, here! Bev, it is so generous the way you offer your time to help budding authors. Hubbers like you make HP the best place to write. smile