jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (6 posts)

I'd like feedback on my Hub: How to made German/Swedish Star

1. kasiaeliza profile image78
    kasiaelizaposted 7 weeks ago

Hi Hubbers,

I'd like some help with passing the Quality Assessment Process. Will you please give feedback on my Hub How to made German/Swedish Star (must be signed in to view). What can I do to improve?
    They said it contains spammy element or poor quality, but I can't find it sad I tried to describe as well as I can.
    Thanks!

1. theraggededge profile image93
      theraggededgeposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

That's a lovely 'how-to'. Did you take the photos? They are the best kind: clear and easy to follow.

Here are my suggestions:

1. State that the photos are yours in the photo capsule, just type "Image by kaziaelisa",
      2. Move the historical information to the bottom and replace with a short introductory paragraph. People looking how to make paper stars aren't interested in the psychology stuff and are likely to press the 'back' button before seeing that it is an instructional article.
      3. Run your text through a grammar checker such as Grammarly as there are numerous (but fixable) errors in your English. Also spellcheck it too. Or have a native English speaker to go through it for you.
      4. Personally, I'd delete the polls - they aren't necessary. You could replace one of them with "Will you make these stars? Yes, No, Maybe". I wouldn't bother though.

Good luck, I'm sure you can get this approved.

kasiaelizaposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

I'm really grateful for Your advice. Especially for this Grammarly. I wasn't aware that such program even exists. And I use English recently at high school, 10 years ago, and I remember something but it seems not everything. I check my hubs and You are right - my mistakes are simple and little embarrassing.

Once again - thank You.
        This hub was 57 score, we will see how much it is getting now.

2. kasiaeliza profile image78
        kasiaelizaposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

They still aren't satisfied. eh...

1. sallybea profile image97
          sallybeaposted 7 weeks ago in reply to this

I would change the title as it does not read correctly.  It also does not tell you that this is a craft hub.  You could title it like this for example:-
          How to make a German Paper Star (Fröbelstern)
          I would use full-width images as HubPages staff seems to prefer this.
          Throughout the Hub, you capitalise the word You in the middle of almost every sentence.  This is not correct.  There are still too many grammatical errors, commas and full stops in the wrong places.  If you have not downloaded Grammarly as suggested above, I would do it and see if you can improve the hub this way.  Read it aloud to yourself and see if the words flow off your tongue.  If they don't see if you can improve the text.

kasiaelizaposted 6 weeks ago in reply to this

Ok, I improved the hub.
            I think that photos are better of this size - there are a lot of them and better correlate with description - we will see.
            I capitalise "You" because I always do it in any language - it means I respect a reader... if it isn't right I corrected it also.

I had downloaded Grammarly after theraggededge's response and used it. Now I do it twice again and read aloud three times, I hope now it will be ok enough.

Thanks for help, I believe last time smile

working