jump to last post 1-1 of 1 discussions (11 posts)

Is there a best time to publish a hub?

1. Sherry Hewins profile image95
    Sherry Hewinsposted 5 months ago

I remember when people used to ask this in relation to the traffic they'd get with a newly published hub. The reason for my question has more to do with niche sites. Do you think it's better to publish on a weekday when the HP staff is there? I have a brand new hub I'm just itching to publish, but I'm afraid it will get less scrutiny from the staff on Monday if it's been sitting around longer.

1. profile image0
      calculus-geometryposted 5 months ago in reply to this

I would assume the mods review things in the order they are published.  If you wait til Monday to hit the publish button, your hub will be in line behind hubs that are published over the weekend.

2. bravewarrior profile image94
      bravewarriorposted 5 months ago in reply to this

I just got an email that the article I posted last Saturday (11/26/16) has been snipped (today is Saturday, a week later). That usually happens before getting moved to a niche site. So, in answer to your question, I don't think the time of week matters. It's more a matter of when HP can read and critique. Remember, there are thousands of writers on this site, so it takes time for each new post to be read by staff.

Sherry Hewinsposted 5 months ago in reply to this

OK, thanks. That's good to know.

1. bravewarrior profile image94

Less than a minute after I agreed to the snip, my hub was moved to Letterpile. Today is Saturday.

So, I'd say the day of the week isn't a factor in whether or not your hub gets moved to a niche site.

Wait a week and see what happens.

1. Jan Saints profile image83
            Jan Saintsposted 5 months ago in reply to this

How do you agree to the snip?

1. bravewarrior profile image94

HP sends an email when they snip an article and provide a link to it highlighting the changes. You can either accept or restore to the way it was. Chance are, tho, that if you refuse the changes your hub won't get moved to a niche site.

3. Christy Kirwan profile image
      Christy Kirwanposted 5 months ago in reply to this

As others have mentioned, the time/day isn't important in posting since it can take a while for the article to develop organic traffic anyway. smile

Does a brand new hub need to have organic traffic to be moved to a niche site?

1. Jean Bakula profile image94
          Jean Bakulaposted 5 months ago in reply to this

No, Sherry. It just has to be well written and now they seem to like one full sized picture across the top. Make sure you proofread it a few times. Good luck!

Well, they did snag my new hub for a niche site, and I posted it on Saturday night. I'm sure it didn't have any organic traffic yet though.

working