My new hub won't post properly on facebook

Jump to Last Post 1-2 of 2 discussions (28 posts)
  1. CatherineGiordano profile image78
    CatherineGiordanoposted 7 years ago

I post my hubs on facebook, my own timeline and on relevant group paages. All my hubs are working normally except the newest. When I use the f button on the hub, it posts to my timeline, but without the blurb. When I use the url to post on a facebook group page, the picture won't show up. All that shows is a little rectangle that says hubpages. Here is the hub with the problem.

http://hubpages.com/animals/The-Life-of … y-Bee-Hive

I thought it might be because a bot initially flagged this hub as having inappropriate content. I assume it was the discussion of the mating habits of the bee that triggered it. I got it reviewed and it was deemed acceptable. But now the picture and blurb won't show up. I asked the team to look into it, but I have heard nothing from them in the two days since.

Anybody know why this is happening?  And how to fix it.

1. Venkatachari M profile image84
      Venkatachari Mposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Just I shared your article on facebook using the share button and it posted accurately showing up the first image.
      Try once again to share by reloading the page. It may catch up.

CatherineGiordanoposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I have tried about 20 times over the past two days. Computer has rebooted and the problem remians. When I sue the share button on the hub page, the picture posts, but not the blurb. When I use only the url, as I do with every other hub, neither the picture nor the blurb shows.

I would have had 1000 views by now (based on past experience with my hubs about bees) if I could promote it on facebook. properly.

2. CatherineGiordano profile image78

I just got the idea to put the hub through the scrape tool. That is how I get facebook to see a new picture or title when it has been changed.  Here is the response I got when I tried.

Could not scrape URL because it has been blocked.

So HP definitely put some code into my hub.  This has wasted so much time and cost me views  all because some stupid bot thinks writing about insects is salacious.

Okay. Now I understood your problem. You want the blurb (introduction lines) to show up there. It used to be like that many months ago. I don't see the feature nowadays working except rarely. I also do not know the reason for it.

It works will all my other hubs. The picture is clickable and the blurb shows up.  If I add the picture manually, it is not clickable.

I have reported this to the HP team via email three times. I have not gotten a response and the problem has not been fixed. Usually the team is very responsive when I contact them.

Also I have submitted a hub to be moved to the niche site. I have done this twice and both times I had a reply within a few days--accepted or rejected. It is almost two weeks, and I have not had a reply.

Does anyone know--Is the team understaffed right now?

1. Glenn Stok profile image96
            Glenn Stokposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Are you sure you submitted it to the correct niche site for the subject?

I found that submissions are acted on the same day. However, once I clicked the wrong niche site and they bounced it to hold until they determined a better niche site (actually the one I wanted to begin with). This took two weeks for it to get resolved. So it's important to submit to the correct matching niche site to get a quick turnaround.

2. eugbug profile image97
      eugbugposted 7 years agoin reply to this

This happens to me regularly, I don't know what causes it, maybe Facebook times out retrieving the blurb. Anyway I find it always works if I delete the original post and repost.

3. eugbug profile image97
      eugbugposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Ok, I tried posting the link and it just shows a rectangle with "HubPages.com" in the window as soon as the URL is added. No images are available for choosing to add to the post. When I publish, it shows the blurb with no image.
      Have you tried putting the image before the text in your hub?

4. Christy Kirwan profile image92
      Christy Kirwanposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Hi Catherine,

This is a caching issue on Facebook's end that occasionally causes problems with HubPages articles. Putting your article's URL through the Facebook Debugger Tool usually fixes the issue.

I tried that, and it didn't work. I got a message saying the url was blocked. I'll try again and this time I will click "Debut several times, over and over.

1. Christy Kirwan profile image92

I'm not sure what the issue might be in that case, but I recommend contacting Facebook support. It's definitely not something we've changed, as we want Hubbers to be able to share content from HubPages freely.

The facebook debugging tool worked this time. It didn't the last time I tried.

About your comment to contact facebook support--just how does one do that? There is no support; at least there is no means of contacting facebook that has ever gotten me a reply.

I suggest you have a talk with facebook. It has become obvious to me that facebook does not want hubs promoted on their site. They repeatedly punish me for doing it, whether it is an HP hub or a niche site hub. They have banned me from posting for various lengths of time. They have made me do a captcha code every time I post anything for weeks at a time. They have told me that my account is hijacked, and I have to do a new pass word. My habit is to share the same post only 5 times per day, and to do no more than 20 hub shares in a day. A friend suggested they punish me because they want people to buy ads and not share for free.   

My posts get lots of likes, shares, and comments. (I reply to all comments.) My posts are not spam because no one likes or shares spam.  In fact, the admins of groups have contacted me and asked me to post to their pages.

Also, I frequently share posts made by others.

Thanks for getting back to me about how to get the hub to appear properly on facebook.

P.S. Does anyone else have problems with facebook?

1. Glenn Stok profile image96
              Glenn Stokposted 7 years agoin reply to this

As for your Facebook problem, are you sure you are using the correct URL. I see people sometimes trying to use the URL from the edit tool. That's wrong. Also, if you take the URL of a niche hub from the account listing, that's not right either. You'll noticed these URLs are populated with code to automatically log you in to the niche site. 

If you want to be sure you are using the correct URL, open the hub in your browser and copy from the URL bar on top. Then paste that into Facebook.

Thanks, Glen, it is ll good now. As I suspected it was because my hub had to be editor reviewed after a bot thought the life cycle of an insect was salacious. The facebook tool debugged it on my second try.

2. Christy Kirwan profile image92

Posting in the Facebook Help Forums will usually get your questions answered.

To Glenn's comment I'd just like to add that posting an article while it has Pending status (rather than waiting for it to be Featured) can cause issues as well.

Facebook will also penalize individual users occasionally for what its algorithms see as spamming behavior, which is an issue with the user's account rather than the source of the content being posted.

3. Venkatachari M profile image84

Catherine, are you joking? A single post shared on facebook 5 times a day? Is it worth and good to do so? I hope you are not serious.

Ven: I am not sure what your comment about joking means. No I am not joking. I get lots of views from facebook, but you have to use it carefully. Only post on pages that are relevant to your topic and don't post on the same page more than twice a week.

You mean there are many pages at facebook maintained by you. I thought it as posting on the general public timeline. That is why I was confused how can one post 5 times a day at facebook.

Search for facebook groups on the topics you write about.

Ven: No my own pages on facebook. You need to search for groups. Maybe it works differently in India.

2. mariacolomy profile image81
    mariacolomyposted 7 years ago

I'm not sure how the caching works on Hubpages, but could it be because it's brand new and hasn't cached a meta preview? I feel like I've experienced this before with a WordPress blog - not consistently, but intermittently.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)