jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (8 posts)

Clicking Like on a Hub to share it on Facebook

1. Jamie Brock profile image92
    Jamie Brockposted 5 years ago

Clicking Like on a Hub to share it on Facebook

If you click Like on a hub to share on Facebook is there a way you can filter on Facebook who see's what you Like from HubPages? I hope that made sense!  Here's the thing, most of the people on my friends list would not mind me sharing hubs on my facebook timeline but some are not interested so I don't want to clog their timeline. Is there a way to filter it?  Hope I'm making sense here.  I've tried to figure it out on FB but with all of the changes, I'm just confused. Any help is much appreciated smile

2. freecampingaussie profile image64
    freecampingaussieposted 5 years ago

I think there is something on facebook you can click on to work out who gets to see what you put on there but not sure where it is . I think if you only share 1 a day it would be ok just don't do a load in a row every day .

Jamie Brockposted 5 years agoin reply to this

thank you so much for your help.. I actually never have shared hubs on facebook but i wanted to start doing it because people were sharing mine.. ya know, just to return the favor.  Thank you again smile

3. Karine Gordineer profile image81
    Karine Gordineerposted 5 years ago

Hi Jamie - under the Privacy Settings on FB you can set Custom settings so that you monitor who sees your posts.  I'm not sure though how you do it by post.  I've never done it but I think you can set up groups and then just post to those groups.  The other thing you might want to do is set up another page for yourself.  That might be another way to post to only those people you think will enjoy reading your articles. Although you might be suprised - I'm sure most people will want to read what you write!
    Hope that helps!

Thank you for the helpful info..FB changes so often it's confusing to me.   I was thinking about doing a separate FB page but I think I'll just leave it be.

4. StandingJaguar profile image78
    StandingJaguarposted 5 years ago

Yes there is a way to filter each and every post you make on Facebook:

Post something on Facebook, and then look at the row of options directly under the post. You will see, from left to right, "Like", "Comment", "X Hours ago", and then a grey symbol. This symbol, depending on your site-wide preferences, will either be a grey person with a person behind them, a globe, a lock, or a gear. When you roll over this symbol, it will turn into a button with an arrow pointing down, click on it. Roll to "custom" and then click. You will have several options then, to show it to only certain people (if you've made "lists" of your friends this option will be easier), or to hide it from certain people. Fill it out and then click "Save Changes".

These changes will apply ONLY to that one post. So you are free to keep your status updates etc available to everyone, and then the occasional hubpage share, just go through these steps and that one post will have a more limited distribution.

Thank you..I had already partially figured it out..  this is a huge help!

5. breathing profile image61
    breathingposted 2 years ago

Clicking on a like to share it on facebook can be a good idea. But it also dependent on the posts. If you click on something that is really worthy and people are looking for it then your profile can also be noticed.  Also you can look to do this when you have written sufficient amount of hubs for your profile. Many people start their practice when they are on the very early stages of their hub pages career. This can become an alarming sign for your profile. As a newbie, your first job is to enrich you profile with as much hubs as possible. Yeah if you can do all the things simultaneously then there is no problem. But doing it at the early stages is not an easy task.

The same rule is applicable for all the other social media platforms. As facbook is the most and widely used platform most of us are on concerned about facebook. Using other platforms like twitter, reddit, friendfeed, dig etc. effectively can be very good for your profile. So first enrich your hub pages profile as much as possible and in this process use the social media platforms as a helping tool.