jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Ads on hubs by google

1. Lady Guinevere profile image61
    Lady Guinevereposted 7 years ago

This was brought to my attention today.  Someone who visited my hubs asked me if I was into dating services.  I said no and asked them why they thought that.  They told me that on the many hubs they read that there were ads of dating nature and they assumed by these ads that I was into the dating service sector.  I have also noticed that on some hubs that I read that there is a great big ad for shoes.  These are not new hubs.  I was surprised at this person's assumption and wanted to bring this to others attention.  Is google going googly with their ads?  Why and what can we do about them?  How many others that read our hubs thinking the same things by what ads google places on our hubs?

2. girly_girl09 profile image79
    girly_girl09posted 7 years ago

I am seeing shoe ads and Little Tikes ads everywhere, too. Before that, Zales were everywhere (obviously for Mother's Day). I think it might be because these advertisers have chosen keywords that are in your hubs. They may not make much sense to us, but when the shoe company was choosing keywords, they may have chose keywords that don't really relate like, summer, trips or something like that. Hopefully that makes sense lol But I'm pretty sure that is what happens.

3. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 7 years ago

In general when the ads don't match the content, this is reason.

4. fyxer profile image60
    fyxerposted 7 years ago

The tags you use in your hubs will also help to determin what ads are displayed on your hub page--This is not a problem for me as long as the ads convert to money lol,