jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (17 posts)

Is it overall clicks per page etc that you should worry about?

1. LondonGirl profile image90
    LondonGirlposted 8 years ago

Looking at my adsense today, for the first time in a week or so, I notice that although my overall CTR and CPM are nothing to get too excited about, I have had 6 clicks today on one hub, out of 14 page views. This tends to be a high-ish click-through hub anyway, but should I be concerned, contact google, etc?

2. waynet profile image48
    waynetposted 8 years ago

No, not really...just sometimes you get lucky with clicks and a relatively low page view, I'd be more concerned if there were a couple of page views and 50 to 100 clicks....

3. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 8 years ago

I've had stuff like that a few times this month myself.

Off track - LG you probably don't change much, but don't forget that we'd love to see updated pic of the little one. I bet he's growing quite fast!

4. LondonGirl profile image90

Thanks, both. Looking at the hubpages stats, the traffic is via google, msn and google images today.

Just a rate of several hundred $ per pages is alarming lol.

5. girly_girl09 profile image77
    girly_girl09posted 8 years ago

I worried about this, too. It is weird to see average CPM at $1,000+ lol. Don't worry, it'll soon change.

I have a few hubs where people click on a few ads in one visit, looking for more info...those have really high CTR, but that high average just gets averaged out with my other low CTR hubs.

LondonGirlposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Thanks girly_girl, I'll cease worrying, then!

6. LondonGirl profile image90

You twisted my bendy arm lol:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v654/neverdespairgirl/Kent/Americancolony.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v654/neverdespairgirl/Kent/IngreenhouseMay09.jpg

7. profile image0

Oh London Girl, The little guy is a total doll. Thanks for sharing the pictures!

8. LondonGirl profile image90

The second was Isaac earnestly helping my mother in the greenhouse last weekend. A lot of water got spread about, and some even made it on to the plants!

9. profile image0

London Girl you must be a night-owl. Is it 2 or 3 am in London?

I am, I think it was 2am, but I'd gone to bed before your message, so I'm not sure now (-: It's half ten now, though!

10. girly_girl09 profile image77
    girly_girl09posted 8 years ago

your son is PRECIOUS, londongirl! Although, I suspect that you already know that. wink

Absolutely adorable! big_smile

He's OK, in small doses. The angelic looks are very misleading, though!

11. bgpappa profile image87
    bgpappaposted 8 years ago

cute kids.

Yes, the high CTR will raise red flags, but if it honest traffic and clicks (which yours are) there shouldn't be a problem.

Congrats on all the clicks though, your green energy stuff was really good and I am sure attracting a lot of clickers.

Help, not kids! There's only one of him, even if it does seem more like half a dozen at times.

The solar hubs do seem to have a higher click rate than many of my other hubs, but I don't want Google to get the hump (-:

12. packerpack profile image61
    packerpackposted 8 years ago

The first picture should be put as desktop background. You have a very cute kid LG!

Now back to topic. I too have got lucky at times like you but I don't think we should worry about it as Google too will understand it. It takes lot of factor in account, like the source of your traffic, the path of your traffic, how the user left your page, how much time was spend on your page, what was the activity of the user on the page etc etc. For example if a user comes directly to your page and does nothing but clicks on your ad then it is a total spam.

I think you should relax but writing to Google will not be bad idea too as at the time of payment they go through the history of your account very rigorously. That time if some issue arise, you can always tell them that you had informed them about it earlier.

BTW it will sound funny but can you give me the email where we should write for any adsense related query. I never needed it so never actually found out about it

Sorry, I don't know! Never had to do it, either. I'll try to find out.

working