jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (15 posts)

What you buy fake or pirate goods at a market?

1. cindyvine profile image86
    cindyvineposted 7 years ago

For example, music cds, dvds, designer handbags, converse shoes etc

1. packerpack profile image61
      packerpackposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Looks like the title of the thread should have been "What you buy genuine or pirate goods at a market?"

2. guidebaba profile image60
      guidebabaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I save my money by buying Pirated Cds and often go for shopping clothes and shoes when there is SALE and Offers !

2. blondepoet profile image79
    blondepoetposted 7 years ago

I don't get anything fake at markets as I am like a pirate on the net.

3. blondepoet profile image79

I did get a lot of fake things when I went to Singapore come to think of it. They had a lot of men there in backstreets with big coats that used to open them up at you and there was all these things hanging there, I was like wow.

4. earnestshub profile image87
    earnestshubposted 7 years ago

No, I don't buy any of those things at markets, and have never thought it was a very moral thing for me to do.

5. brad4l profile image85
    brad4lposted 7 years ago

I try not to buy fake items, but one time I found a really great deal on an Adidas Jacket.

About a month later, when I was wearing said jacket, someone pointed out that it was an Addidas Jacket and not an Adidas Jacket sad Needless to say, I was rather disappointed and a little embarrassed at my folly.

6. cindyvine profile image86

Thread should have been 'would' not 'what' lol.  Well, we have no idea what is real and what is fake here, and have no problem buying the pirated movies as you can't get the real ones here.

7. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 7 years ago

It is so funny here, a market has sprang up in the last 2 years ....  There are lots of stalls with pirate d.v.d'S nearly every week the police raid them, take the money grab all contents including cloth, and march of in unmarked cars.... they are always still there the next week though ........

8. cindyvine profile image86

the pirate dvds are so cheap to make and replace I guess

9. blondepoet profile image79

I honestly never even knew these things were available on the market. Maybe I am a little naive.

1. earnestshub profile image87
      earnestshubposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I have seen them, and been with people who purchased them. The quality is often very dodgy.

10. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 7 years ago

quality is often dodgy, but they still sell really well

1. earnestshub profile image87
      earnestshubposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes, every time I am at the market the stalls are crowded with customers.

11. profile image62
    badcompany99posted 7 years ago

The market for pirate dvds is dying because the likes of big chains are selling orginals so cheap now. Last week at Asda a big Uk store I actually bought the Collectors Edition of Peggy Sue Got Married for £2, also got an old movie I was looking for at the same price Rumbelfish with Matt Dillon.

So basically if you wait a few months you will get it orginal boxed and cheap anyway. Thing I can never understand is why someone would pay for a movie that is just out at a cost of about £15. Why not just rent it ?

working