jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Would you buy fresh herbs and vegetables from a local small market garden?

1. Bob Ewing profile image51
    Bob Ewingposted 2 years ago

Would you buy fresh herbs and vegetables from a local small market garden?

If you would buy from a local small market garden, would you buy direct from the garden or prefer to shop at a farmers' market?  Would you purchase fresh vegetables that were not readily available in local grocery stores, heritage tomatoes or beans for example?

2. RTalloni profile image88
    RTalloniposted 2 years ago

I would prefer to buy direct from the garden and would certainly be interested in heritage veggies.  A farmers' market can also be a great source, but getting to know local growers would be fabulous.

3. Angel Van Atta profile image76
    Angel Van Attaposted 2 years ago

I would purchase them from either a local small market garden or from the gardener themselves. Farmers Markets are also fun and enjoyable places to buy fresh produce and herbs. All three of these options are much better than grocery stores as the produce is usually much fresher and the selection is usually wider in variety.

4. Wondering SLO profile image59
    Wondering SLOposted 2 years ago

Having lived in the country for most of my life I enjoy both farm stands and farmers markets. I prefer farmers markets because you are still able to by direct while shopping from multiple farmers and products

5. peachpurple profile image82
    peachpurpleposted 2 years ago

we don't have fresh herbs here, mostly dried ground herbs like oregano, basils. Vegetables, we buy from wet market, there isn't any small market garden here

6. healthyfitness profile image80
    healthyfitnessposted 2 years ago

I like to keep a small garden in my backyard. It saves money, is a great hobby and just makes you feel better. Keeps me in touch with nature and I love that smile

That being said, i'd buy from whatever was most convenient at the time.

working