jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (10 posts)

Urban legends!

1. fierycj profile image84
    fierycjposted 7 years ago

Anyone have any urban legends based on where they're from? I just wrote a hub about some from my part of the world, and in that spirit, I like to know about other urban legends from your part of the world!

1. S06FH5N1 profile image61
      S06FH5N1posted 7 years ago in reply to this

You mean the kind of tales that teenage girls tell their little brothers?

2. Colebabie profile image60
    Colebabieposted 7 years ago

If you mix Pop Rocks and soda your stomach will explode, and Little Mikey from the Life commercials died from it.

I tried this, my stomach didn't explode. And Mikey didn't die. smile
    Myth... Busted!

3. wychic profile image79
    wychicposted 7 years ago

There are many legends in my part of the world, but I think they're the opposite of urban legends...this is the land of Shunka Warak'in and the Nimerigar, not to mention ghost lights and phantom planes.

and...Close Encounters of the Third Kind...alright, I'll admit, we Wyomingites don't have much to do that isn't mind-altering.

1. fierycj profile image84
      fierycjposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I've heard some stuff about, Wyoming. Hey, thanks for your comment. Sure, I would love to hear about the urban legends in Wyoming. I'm always up for anything with some horror in it - anything that even slightly defies our everyday simple reasoning. And besides, they make for good movie scripts. Sure I'm game!

4. sunstreeks profile image82
    sunstreeksposted 7 years ago

A few miles down the road from where I live there is a spot on the highway where a young girl in her teens died many years back. The story goes that she is still seen walking around on the side of the road looking for her locket.

I heard it from various people many of which do not have connections to each other. I was most surprised to find the same story listed on a website that lists ghost/ufo/paranormal activities by city nationwide.

I've driven that road hundreds of times. Never saw a dead girl looking for jewelery. =P

5. 0
    Pachuca213posted 7 years ago

LA LLORONA is a urban legend in Mexico.....she appears in white crying over the children she killed and left in the Lake. It is a sign of bad luck or ill fate for any one who sees her...or so the superstition goes....I am writing a hub about it!

6. Pearldiver profile image87
    Pearldiverposted 7 years ago

In Bumble Town the ancient Thothian Light God - Bahh-imamess-ok is the reason that the town is here.  He remains here as a huge tree, after he got his foot caught in a possum trap. When you look closely at the tree trunk, you can see the possum trap is embedded within the trunk and is almost completely grown over.

We also have forests in which the Tyepos live. They are responsible for many hunters going missing, to never be found and people think that a place called 'the bonegarden' is where the remains of the missing hunters are.

Hope this helps smile

1. 0
      Pachuca213posted 7 years ago in reply to this

That is very intriguing!

7. fierycj profile image84
    fierycjposted 7 years ago

That's a lot of great stuff. Could make for great movie material. I should be paying you guys. Lol.