jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (6 posts)

Amazon affiliate question

1. Rudra profile image57
    Rudraposted 8 years ago

Pardon me if this has been answered before.
    I am already using Amazon here but not sure if I have got it right. Am I right by including my affiliate (tracking) ID in the Amazon Affiliate Settings which seems to be like this Rudra-21 (not my real ID). Have I got it right or is there something else to it.
    Thanks for answers in advance.

2. Maddie Ruud profile image83
    Maddie Ruudposted 8 years ago

Yes, Rudra, sounds like you've got it right!!!

3. sminut13 profile image79
    sminut13posted 8 years ago

how about me? they say that my tracking id is hubp078-20 so i put that in my affiliate settings here? cos i'm really not sure. it also says signed in as hubp078-20. so am i on the wrong track? if so, where do i go to find my affiliate id? thanks

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
      Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago in reply to this

You probably don't want to be giving that information to all and sundry. Whatever ID Amazon gave you is what goes in the hubpages affiliate box. You have to log into Amazon for the ID

4. Rudra profile image57
    Rudraposted 8 years ago

Thanks Maddie. Sminut, since amazon makes little money or even clicks, maybe there are no stats coming through giving the impression that it has not been set up properly.

5. sminut13 profile image79
    sminut13posted 8 years ago

god thanks mark. but then tht's where i'm confused. tracking id and affiliate id are the same? or aren't they? anyway even if ppl go there, don think they're gonna see anythin of value since i've not been doin anythin there. as i don know how to tht well u can say. hehe but thks for warning me. had no idea.