jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (16 posts)

Using Bing and Finding Trojan Horse

1. 0
    newsworthyposted 7 years ago

As I was researching a certain news topic last night, I used Bing search engine and found several sites on the topic. As soon as I clicked the 3rd ranked site in the lineup, a high risk level trojan horse intrusion occured. 

Fortunately, my virus protection held the virus in quarantine and then I removed it.

Im wondering how a 3rd ranked listing with a trojan horse gets listed so high in a search engine.  How does this happen?

2. onthewriteside profile image75
    onthewritesideposted 7 years ago

Because BING! is a Microcrap product, and hackers love to pick on Microcrap!

3. BundleBoy profile image68
    BundleBoyposted 7 years ago

newsworthy, It would be interesting to know what topic you were searching on?
    onthewriteside, I would be interested to know what operating system you use? wink

1. onthewriteside profile image75
      onthewritesideposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes, it is true...I do still use XP occasionally.  However I try to use Linux whenever possible.  I can triple boot with Linux, XP, and Windoze Blista' as well.

2. 0
      newsworthyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

The hot topic; a San Diego car company called V Vehicle

4. nicomp profile image61
    nicompposted 7 years ago

Read my Bing hub... I did a search and the third URL in the results was a link to a torrent... and the link was broken. Poor quality search engine, I'd say.

5. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 7 years ago

The same thing has happened even using Google.  However, I prefer Google as my favored search engine because it is by far the cream of the crop.

6. 0
    wordscribe41posted 7 years ago

I've also experienced it on Google.  Got attacked by Trojan horses one night searching for a medical condition.  Was on the first page.  Highly annoying.

7. Uninvited Writer profile image84
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

That's why I like McAfee, it lets you know before you click if a site is safe or suspicious.

1. 61
      My Downtown Viewposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I definitely rely heavily on my McAfee to let me know about sites. I also have a plug-in from Firefox called WOT and it gives a color-coded threat level indicator next to the site.

1. Uninvited Writer profile image84
        Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I have that too.

2. flread45 profile image82
        flread45posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Me too,McAfee

8. 0

I never experienced an attack from a search engine first page listing before and was quite surprised by it. I guess it isnt the rare thing after all.

9. charlemont profile image82
    charlemontposted 7 years ago

It's not limited to Microsoft SE.
    Google occasionally includes in its listings links to non-existent websites and pages with malicious content. That's why surfing itself is dangerous.

1. WeddingConsultant profile image82
      WeddingConsultantposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That's why I prefer to stay on the beach.

10. 0

It just seems with all the effort put forth with hubbing and with writers working so hard to get page ranked, search engine trojans are really a waste of good space.

Not to mention with all the great technology available today, its just baffling How it Happens.

working