jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Images Copyright

1. 0
    aquaseaCreativeposted 7 years ago

Dear Hub community

I am hoping someone can advise me on the legalities of using images.. not so much in hubs but more in terms of photoshop artwork. If an image is changed / used in a larger piece, does it still need permissions to be used.

I did a search & found some threads but it didn't really answer my specific thread.. and actually got a bit spicy (interesting in its own way).

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

You definitely need permission if you change someone else's image,unless you get it from a copyright free source.

3. Mike Craggs profile image64
    Mike Craggsposted 7 years ago

Check out this site for good info on copyright issues: Chilling Effects

4. 0

Thank you. The link is great.

I think teeny portions / significant alterations might actually come under fair use .. but it's probably better to be safe. I wouldn't want to infringe anyone's rights.

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes, I agree.  You'll notice that the Creative Commons licence has a few variations, only one of which allows the image to be altered.

5. Mike Craggs profile image64
    Mike Craggsposted 7 years ago

You could also check out the Creative Commons site and then go to Flickr and search under Creative Commons, attribution. There are plenty of pictures available. Also the Morgue Files, PD Photos or Wikimedia Commons.

6. 0

Thanks Mike. smile