Do you create a table of contents with links to hub sections?

1. fritteritter profile image92
    fritteritterposted 7 years ago

Since my first hub I have added links at the top to the primary sections within the hub (to cause the browser to scroll to those sections). This might be a carry-over from Squidoo which has a table of contents module, but do you recommend it for HubPages (considering user behavior, page rank, and effort required)?

On one hand, it pushes down the actual content farther (so I usually do not do a list, but more like a sentence with inline links). On the other hand, a particular section may entice visitors to read your hub!

Most importantly, since it's a pain to find the module id's that are required to make these table of contents links (search table of contents and read darkside's hub), would Hubbers be interested in a way to automatically generate a table of contents by clicking an icon in your browser? I am interested in developing some simple very very easy to use tools like this which could save writers a lot of time... if there is enough interest I will develop the web app and publish a hub about it soon!

2. fritteritter profile image92
    fritteritterposted 7 years ago

Hmm, does anybody think perhaps that if you really really need a table of contents, your hub should be split into multiple hubs instead of using internal links to the same hub?

Maybe others include links to sections in their hub within the text and not necessarily in an organized table of contents?