jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (7 posts)

1. grumpyjacksa profile image61
    grumpyjacksaposted 7 years ago

what do you think of the idea to have a module just for internal links ?

it could simply be a "related hubs" module - or if possible, a sudebar unit that allows links to a number of your OWN hubs

addes internal linking would be good for seo - from both hp and hubbers' viewpoints.

what do you think ?

and more importantly....

is it possible / executable ?

2. Uninvited Writer profile image83
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

You can already do an RSS with related hubs.

3. darkside profile image84
    darksideposted 7 years ago

I use the Link Capsule for that all the time.

I only link to those of a related theme.

1. grumpyjacksa profile image61
      grumpyjacksaposted 7 years ago in reply to this

yes - that seems to be the only good option at this time.

it would be nice, however, if it was possible to simply insert a number of random links to your own hubs - especially the hubbers with plenty of hubs would benefit from its seo value

4. grumpyjacksa profile image61
    grumpyjacksaposted 7 years ago

silly me  - did not notice the related hubs widget in the sidebar.

but it would still be nice to have random internal links to your own hubs.

i checked out using the profile rss feed - but that just lists the last hubs - so the older ones will not be getting any link juice

how do you get a related hubs rss feed ?

anyway, the new related hubs widget will already make a difference - in seo terms -because somewhere out there, there will be links pointing to your hubs - creating a spiderweb effect for the search engines - and they seem to appreciate that.

5. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 7 years ago

Since relevancy is more important than randomness to search engines, I fail to see the benefit of this potential development.

1. Marisa Wright profile image92
      Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I agree.  From what I understand, search engines are suspicious of websites that include links to random, unrelated sites - so why would I want to do that?

The related Hubs box already provides links to related Hubs so I see no reason to duplicate that.