jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Is anyone else experiencing problems with facebook today?

1. soni2006 profile image47
    soni2006posted 7 years ago

Since morning, I had been trying to publish my old hubs on my friend's wall on facebook but I have not got any success up until now. I then searched the net to find out what problem facebook is having because it is not opening up and found this post

http://mashable.com/2009/08/06/facebook-problems/

Actually this downtime which facebook users are experiencing is due to a malicious Distributed Denial of Service attack by some hackers. Even twitter was having problems but it opened up for tweets a few hours ago.

I am also not able to use digg for updating my hubs but I am able to use blogger, email hub excluding mixx via the hubpages SHARE IT button.

Please let me know if I am the only hubber who is experiencing the same or are there other people having same kind of problem?

2. RooBee profile image85
    RooBeeposted 7 years ago

FB and Twitter have been under attack from hackers for a couple of days now. I think Twitter has it all cleared up but FB may still be down. Seems they have a lot more areas to scour in looking for malware. Apparently, it's a code or program that just makes multiple requests to the site's server simultaneously so as to essentially jam it up. Guess they are bored...

3. soni2006 profile image47

Thanks for the vital update Roobee.

4. soni2006 profile image47

It is good to see that facebook, digg, and twitter are back to their normal state.

5. SunSeven profile image64
    SunSevenposted 7 years ago

I am having problems with Twitter. Digg and facebook are ok. May its a regional thing?

working