jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (13 posts)

promoting your hubs on blogs

1. Haunty profile image84
    Hauntyposted 7 years ago

There is a lot of talk about keyword selection, but looking into it, it seems keywords are only the 10th important thing on Google's list when it comes to ranking a page. Backlinks from quality (relevant+viewd) sites are much more important.

How much time to you spend a week reading and commenting on blogs to promote your hubs?

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Key words might be 10th on the list for google but as a publisher, if you aren't using good keywords, it will be much harder for you to get your hubs viewed through sources outside of hubpages.

Backlinking is really important, promoting hubpages (to me anyway) is important too, so I keep most of my link inside hubpages.  I will link to other hubbers with or without a backlink. 

One of my hubs got its own permotion and I did not do a keyword serach, one of my hubs I did a key word search on and it has made me money since the day I published it and it it ened up on the first page of google in a market that has a lot of competition.

Hauntyposted 7 years ago in reply to this

It's important to start with keywords, of course. I was just wondering how many people are doing more than that.

1. profile image0
          sandra rinckposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Well I know that the one that makes me money was something that I went out and physically investigated for myself. wink

2. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

I use my own blogs to promote my hubs. I don't link to my hubs from other peoples blogs when I make comments.

I am starting to contact other website owners to see if they'll swap links from my hub to their site and back. As long as I only do one link on a hub and only one link to each site, I think it will work.

3. frogdropping profile image86
    frogdroppingposted 7 years ago

On occasion an hour or two. Usually very little.

And I'm with you on the backlinks - to a lesser degree. I have some articles that are ranked (not for high ppc keywords) but they are 'sensible' articles and I honestly don't know how or why they're ranked as they are. Can't say that I backlinked them.

I think it's a combination Haunty. But whether it's 50/50 split or 70/30 or whatever, I don't know.

Some of it's just plain luck IMO.

Maybe Google already has a more intelligent algorithm than we know. I know that the most important thing is good content. And that the traffic you get from within hp is not in any correlation with the worth of the actual hub. I think that your serious hubs will rank high and have visibility.

Nelle - I think it's a good decision contacting them. You'll see it helps a lot, I'm sure. Just don't get discouraged at a rejection, because many people out there believe that writing reviews to sell things you don't really know is dishonest.

4. Ivorwen profile image82
    Ivorwenposted 7 years ago

I've been considering it.  Some say it is really worth while.  I figure, when I do, I'll choose one hub to experiment with and see what kind of difference it makes.

I think it is. Do it and I hope you will see some results.

1. frogdropping profile image86
        frogdroppingposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I'm actually on with it now. To see what - if anything - happens.

I thought it would be hard work but whilst it's definitely time consuming, I'm rather enjoying myself. And all completely anonymous, which I love even more.

I have a good feeling about this. smile

1. frogdropping profile image86
            frogdroppingposted 7 years ago in reply to this

So do I. But I'm only at the foundation stage. I'd rather ease myslf into dropping links and play cricket the right way than drop kick myself through the goal posts.

Kind of changes the ball game - and hopefully brings a better reward smile

You've chosen a good approach then. smile
              Say, have you ever considered applying for a blogging job with some site?

Because we both know (and pretty much everybody around here) that you have such an original style that... honestly I think you could add so much to a hip blog like luxist or whatever.

working