jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (16 posts)

Way to Happiness ads are Scientology really

1. Bard of Ely profile image87
    Bard of Elyposted 8 years ago

There are Way to Happiness ads appearing on some of my hubs and I just wanted to point out that the Way to Happiness is a cover for Scientology using a booklet with that title. I know this because I used to distribute them when I was active in Scientology many years back.

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I never really looked into Scientology because South Park already told me everything I need to know.  No, seriously, is that that Dyanetics things? Always wanted to know but am too afraid of being abducted by aliens or something.

1. earnestshub profile image87
        earnestshubposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Seriously, that South Park episode is all you need to know!

2. profile image0
      dennisemattposted 8 years ago in reply to this

hmmm. interesting. Did you like it?

Bard of Elyposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Did I like Scientology? Yes, very much so for the first few years or so and I really believed I had found the answer to the mysteries of life and a group of people who were changing the world. I have an entire hub on the subject if you want to read my experiences. It did me a lot of good actually. There is nothing wrong with the Way to Happiness books only that it is misleading advertising because it doesn't tell you it is part of Scientology.

I posted this thread because I have seen people complaining about Scientology ads on hubs and thought I should let people know here that the Way to Happiness ads are also Scientology but disguised.

1. profile image0
          dennisemattposted 8 years ago in reply to this

cool. i know nothing about it...off to find your hub..thanks.  wink

3. profile image54
      xicoposted 8 years ago in reply to this
  2. Pearldiver profile image88
    Pearldiverposted 8 years ago

Yep... Are you getting clicks on them? smile

3. frogdropping profile image84
    frogdroppingposted 8 years ago

If Scientology has to hide behind a mask - advertising help -  then it really does make you wonder what they're hiding for?

It's like fishing. Luring individuals with a juicy piece of bait. Then hoping they're still on the line when you reel it in.

I would assume it is because Scientology has an awful lot of bad press and this is a way of getting around that by making converts gradually via this line.

4. goodfriendiam profile image56
    goodfriendiamposted 8 years ago

I read what they believe in, and I actually believe in a lot of what they do. About equal rights, right to choice what you believe and how you choice to live your life, and all. But I choice not to be labeled by know one. I am who I am.

5. SweetiePie profile image83
    SweetiePieposted 8 years ago

Sometimes they are just a rich group that likes to go retreats posing as religion for tax breaks.  I have nothing against Scientology, but I find their stance on medication amusing.  Hey I am not into taking unneeded medications myself, but Tom Cruise telling Matt Lauer about how he did not understand the history of psychiatry was pretty amusing.  Then we had the couch jumping episode on Oprah smile.

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 8 years ago in reply to this

I can't believe I actually got to see that episode of Oprah when it aired for the first time.  I was laughing too.  And I thought his take on bipolar disorder was terrible.  Poor Katie.  Have you noticed, she looks terrible.  I mean, she doesn't look terrible but her new style does.  She looks just weird.

6. profile image0
    pgrundyposted 8 years ago

There were some guys in Michigan, near where I live, who were harassing Scientology offices and they would wear masks when they did it. I don't know if it's still going on.

Scientology stirs people up on both sides. I don't much worry about the ads on my hubs. Every so often a reader will call me out on an ad, and I just feel like, well, don't click on it, you know?

I barely notice ads on the internet. Can't remember the last time I clicked on one.

I am the same, Pam! Ads have a very bad success rate with me! lol

7. Shadesbreath profile image87
    Shadesbreathposted 8 years ago

I never click on ads either.  I think I clicked on the Evony one because it was hard to not notice those hawt chicks on my stuff all the time.

working