jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (12 posts)

Why does ones hubscore go up and down during the day ?

1. barryrutherford profile image38
    barryrutherfordposted 7 years ago

Why does one's hubscore go up and down during the day ?

2. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 7 years ago

That question has been asked a million times.......the best answer you'll ever get is from Paul Deeds....but it's not going to help......

3. darkside profile image83
    darksideposted 7 years ago

Fluctuating traffic. How long a person stays on your hub. And there'd be other things too.

4. Undercover Lawyer profile image89
    Undercover Lawyerposted 7 years ago

This just my opinion, but I think your Hub Score (both your author score and the scores for your individual Hubs) go up and down during the day in order to make you worry and obssess over them, repeatedly visiting Hub Pages during the day.

HubPages, as a site, benefits from traffic.  One of the ways to keep people repeatedly signing onto the site during the day is to get them to obssess over their Hub Scores.  I hate it, and yet I fully acknowledge that it is a brilliant strategy.

1. barryrutherford profile image38
      barryrutherfordposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Yes thats it I Love conspiracy theories...smile

5. Michele Arrvinte profile image60
    Michele Arrvinteposted 7 years ago

The question why can lead to lots of very interesting and useless answers. smile

It is better to ask how do I make my score higher? smile

1. James Agbogun profile image76
      James Agbogunposted 7 years ago in reply to this

is that your photo?

6. Suspect20 profile image81
    Suspect20posted 7 years ago

I thought it was based on how many or maybe what percentage of visitors to your hub follow the links within your hub.  I have no evidence to support this, but I FEEL it is right.

7. Silver Rose profile image79
    Silver Roseposted 7 years ago

Here's what Hubpages FAQ says about this:

8. jessicab profile image60
    jessicabposted 7 years ago

I also notice that as well, basically I do not understand none of it, I just write.

9. lbtrader profile image60
    lbtraderposted 7 years ago

The way the hubscore moves reminds of the volatility on the stock markets.

I can't understand why my hubscore moves a whole 10% in one day when I don't change anything on my hubs. But then again I don't understand the logic of a stock market that moves 10% in a day and gains it back the next.

That's just life I guess.

10. 0
    mtsi1098posted 7 years ago

I still have not been able to figure the hubscore or the fans for that matter