jump to last post 1-13 of 13 discussions (14 posts)

Surgery day went well...

1. Lily Rose profile image84
    Lily Roseposted 7 years ago

Hi all.  I debated on whether or not to post this at all because I'm not the type of person that requires sympathy and I don't want anyone to think I'm posting this just to get sympathy...

I mentioned on lrohner's "I'm having a crappy monday" thread the other day that I was having surgery today and received several well-wishes.  I said I would post after to say how it went, so here I am.

Surgery went well, went in at 5:30am, home at 1:30pm ovary- and falopian tube-less; been recovering on the couch all day and am about to go to bed.

Also, PET scan report received yesterday was a little confusing due to some issues with necrosis and scar tissue from my previous surgeries and I need clarification, but I'm pretty sure that I can officially say that I am cancer-free!!

By the way, I was notified today that one of my hubs may be considered for the next HubNugget Wannabee list - I just hope I got it in on time (needed a minor tweak by COB)!!  It's the one on teaching your kids to say I'm sorry - am I allowed to say that here?

1. Simple Tim profile image61
      Simple Timposted 7 years ago in reply to this

2. lrohner profile image83
    lrohnerposted 7 years ago

WOOT! WOO HOO! YEE HAW! I am soooo glad you posted this, as I (and I'm sure a lot of other hubbers) were worried about you. I'm ecstatic! I certainly hope you're breaking out the champagne!

So cancer-free and HubNugget Wannabe all in the same week. You go girl!

3. Plants and Oils profile image95
    Plants and Oilsposted 7 years ago

Hope you recover quickly.

4. Lily Rose profile image84

AND, made my first Amazon commission today!  I'll have to memorialize this week somewhere - been a while since I've had a good week!

Thank you, Lisa - yes, I'm pretty excited and darn relieved.  I'm on pain meds, so the champagne will be broken out in a couple of days when I can wean myself off the drugs!  Forcing myself to get my butt to bed now...thanks again!

5. Aqua profile image79
    Aquaposted 7 years ago

Wishing you a speedy recovery and very happy to hear the words "cancer free"!!!

And Congrats on the Amazon commission - YAY!

6. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 7 years ago

Cancer free is great news! An Amazon sale too! Yes excellent day. Speedy recovery.

7. Angel Of Love profile image79
    Angel Of Loveposted 7 years ago

well wishes too and congrats!

8. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 7 years ago

That is great news... glad it went well.

9. Manila Girl profile image80
    Manila Girlposted 7 years ago

yes, welcome back.

10. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 7 years ago

I am so happy for you!  I'm glad your surgery went well today.  Get some rest smile

11. earnestshub profile image87
    earnestshubposted 7 years ago

Thanks for posting Lilly, the best of news! smile

12. Lily Rose profile image84

Thank you all - it always feels good to know people are thinking of you and wishing you well.  I am very glad to be getting to know so many of you hubbers here!

13. DoodleLyn profile image80
    DoodleLynposted 7 years ago

That's awesome, Lily!! I'm so delighted you posted the good news. You have such a lovely smile, I can't help but smiling myself! And congrats on your Amazon sale, too!! And your hubnugget nomination! Wow, what a great week...God is good!