jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Is this plagiarism??

1. helenathegreat profile image87
    helenathegreatposted 8 years ago

I received an incredible email (maybe you've seen it) that shows pictures of families from different countries with the amount of food they buy in a week, along with the cost of it.

I would LOVE to repost this onto HubPages because it is incredibly interesting, but I didn't write or originate it (obviously).  Is there a way that I can make it into a hub with a disclaimer that I didn't write it (or collect the information) and will gladly give credit to whomever did?

2. Marisa Wright profile image92
    Marisa Wrightposted 8 years ago

Have you tried googling some key text from it?  That may show up where it came from. 

Of course, it's also important to remember that there's no guarantee any of the information is accurate.  It could be a complete fabrication - a lot of these circular emails are.  So you may like to try to check out the truth of it, before you publicise it further.  No point spreading misinformation!

3. helenathegreat profile image87
    helenathegreatposted 8 years ago

Googling key text did not even occur to me...  I did so, and I found out that it is a Time photo essay!

Guess I'm not making it into a hub, huh?  Great advice.  Thanks!

4. jimmythejock profile image82
    jimmythejockposted 8 years ago

You could publish a hub on the same topic and use a quote or 2 from the article....jimmy