jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Bing just went nuts with traffic to my hubs

1. Dale Nelson profile image29
    Dale Nelsonposted 7 years ago

Has anyone else had a sudden surge of traffic from bing.I dont know if its because of a new hub being indexed, but the traffic seems spread across all my hubs. Only top 3 have red arrows.

Whats the formula.
    Make mental note - try and figure out what to repeat.

1. lrohner profile image84
      lrohnerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Well, when you figure it out, be sure to let us know! And congrats!

2. 0
    Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago

Good for you Dale! And nope haven't noticed anything like that for my hubs. Keep up the great work.

3. Dale Nelson profile image29

Thanks Ironher and Crazdwriter.

So far I find that bing is owned by microsoft.Gonna go check the analytics for a while and try track back.

4. Dale Nelson profile image29

Found it. I have the same names as a doctor in the states and a college professor type guy who writes a lot of thesis(is this a word).Anyway my profile has been referenced in the search engine. Cool to get some organic traffic even if by accident.

Sorry guys myth quashed.

1. Daniel Carter profile image90
      Daniel Carterposted 7 years ago in reply to this

What a relief. I'm also a famous soccer player on the side (NOT) but I get some traffic because of him. LOL

5. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 7 years ago

I read something this AM about Bing getting ready to roll out a major update to their user features, so perhaps they are updating algorithms ahead of that. 

I've definitely been seeing an increase in traffic from there as more people start to use it.

6. mcbean profile image84
    mcbeanposted 7 years ago

Relative to google, Bing takes ages to index.
    Those getting Bing traffic tend to have published hubs a long time ago.
    I would not be too worried as a new user if I did not see any bing traffic for months and months. It will get there... eventually