jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (4 posts)

why am I getting clicks with google - but zero pay?

1. starme77 profile image84
    starme77posted 7 years ago

I have had a few clicks - but didn't get anything for them - could it be I have something set up wrong? Do you absolutly have to have an affilliate account open with all of the affilliates before getting paid with one?

1. relache profile image87
      relacheposted 7 years ago in reply to this

What sort of clicks are you specifically talking about?  Clicks in the Amazon and eBay affiliate programs don't pay anything, only genuine sales do.  With Google, if your ads are extremely low-paying, or if the clicks are considered by them to be invalid, you wouldn't be seeing money either.

In answer to your second question, no.  Your fear is rather unfounded, as the different affiliates have nothing to do with each other.

1. starme77 profile image84
        starme77posted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for the answers - 4 clicks - no pay I think its most liklejust extremly low paying ads - I appreciate your help and thanks again!

2. Susana S profile image92
    Susana Sposted 7 years ago

To get paid for clicks on google adsense ads you must have an affiliate id - otherwise google wouldn't know who to pay the comission to. Same for Amazon products and Ebay. You don't have to have all three though. If you want to choose one affiliate to start with, that's cool.

Once you have your google adsense ID, you have to paste it into your affiliate settings in "my account".

If you've already done this you may be confusing visits to your hubs with clicks. Most people that visit your hub will not click an ad.