jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (9 posts)

Would appreciate any suggestions/ criticism on my hub

1. Carol the Writer profile image79
    Carol the Writerposted 7 years ago

I sincerely would appreciate any suggestions/ criticism on my hub. It is my first one. I am not just trying to advertise - I would really like comments.

My Hub URL: http://hubpages.com/hub/Space-Shuttle-Retirement

It took me 2 weeks to write, but a lot of the time was learning how to make hubpages work and research.

I used to only have 5 photos in my slideshow, but then all the other photos on the page went in there too. And some captions in my slideshow got cut off. I will look for a technical forum for things like that tomorrow. I am sleepy now.

Thanks in advance.

1. ediggity profile image60
      ediggityposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Personally I think you have five Hubs in one.  You could expand on the retirement explanation in your first section, and create individual hubs for your follow on sections.  Then link all your hubs together through backlinks embedded in your writing.  Additionally, from a pure SEO standpoint, you should include the words space shuttle retirement more in your writing.  It was very well written, and easy to follow.  You could actually create more than five hubs with the information, because a reader can actually tell you are interested in the topic.

Carol the Writerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Thanks Ediggity and Dame Scribe!

2. Marisa Wright profile image93
        Marisa Wrightposted 7 years ago in reply to this

This is worth thinking about.  Don't change the Hub you've just written:  instead, try to write a separate Hub about each section. 

You can then revise your first Hub so it becomes a "summary" Hub.  Each section would have a brief explanation with a photo and a "read more" link to all the separate Hubs. 

You could also interlink all the Hubs by using a right-floated links capsule in each one.

This is along the lines of the Capstone Hubs program.  Is that getting too complicated?

Carol the Writerposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Marisa,
          I will look at how to make a right-floated links capsule. First I need to finish hub 2 and then figure out how to best do the link. Maybe someday a Capstone Hub.  Back to work. - Carol

2. Dame Scribe profile image60
    Dame Scribeposted 7 years ago

Good points Ediggity smile spin off articles and linked together will make you google crawl friendly too. Keep up the good work you did great!

3. Dale Mazurek profile image62
    Dale Mazurekposted 7 years ago

I think the hub is very well written.  You are getting replies from some serious hubbers.

You keep writing hubs of this quality and you will do great here.  You definatly have a new fan here.

1. emievil profile image85
      emievilposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Ditto. Welcome to hubpages smile

4. Carol the Writer profile image79
    Carol the Writerposted 7 years ago

Thank you Dale and emievil!

working