jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Geocities is closing on October 26

1. profiler profile image59
    profilerposted 7 years ago

Don't know if everyone knows this already it's an old info, but maybe it missed some people.

Geocities is shutting down this October. If you have THAT old first site you did (remember, many years ago?) now is the time to try to bring it to other platform before it's gone forever.

Really sad this is happening, but I guess that's also a sign of Web 2.0.

2. Anti-Valentine profile image94
    Anti-Valentineposted 7 years ago

Yep, read about it, and posted something about it on my blog. Plenty of sites I know of are on Geocities, but some have figured out hassle free ways of moving them elsewhere.

3. Michael Willis profile image78
    Michael Willisposted 7 years ago

Geocities is closing the "FREE sites" they provide. You can pay a monthly fee and keep using them for your web. I will probably go ahead and pay for the upgrade since I can't get results from Homestead's new site that you have to pay for.

4. Gemsong profile image84
    Gemsongposted 7 years ago

I got a homestead site. It allowed me 3 pages and their webbuilding software.

It sucked. I moved elsewhere.

1. Michael Willis profile image78
      Michael Willisposted 7 years ago in reply to this

I agree with you. And I got no hits from them. Their software is awful! Can't always get it work and sometimes I go to the site and it would be different than I left it. I have deleted my homestead site also.

5. cloudy days profile image60
    cloudy daysposted 7 years ago

I remember starting my first geocities site many years ago... too bad.

6. anime_nanet profile image60
    anime_nanetposted 7 years ago

Yickes! Gotta go save my site!