New Feature suggestion

1. Mikel G Roberts profile image89
    Mikel G Robertsposted 6 years ago

A 'Hubbers Hangout' chat room. A place to chat and be social, less formal than the forums, and not necessarily permanently posted. For example the chat window deletes anything that is more than a couple hours old.
    I fear that such a chat room will have to be moderated however, because anytime you put people together, you will have disagreements.
    With such a feature the hubbers would be able to get advice, make friends, broaden their horizons, and generally be better hubbers. Which in turn would make HubPages a better site.

(If you decide to implement this idea, I would like to request a virtual bartender and waitress be included for the first 1000 or so customers... )

2. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 6 years ago

How are the forums not doing this already?

Given the amount of time that the Hub team spends moderating the forums and how small the team is, and the fact that chat rooms exist all over the Internet, I think it would be a safe bet to say that HubPages is not going to develop this type of feature.

1. Mikel G Roberts profile image89
      Mikel G Robertsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I feel like the forums are being used incorrectly, they are part hangout, part chat room, part debate forum. Rarely do the conversations limit themselves to the forum topic. Debates are better when there is a set format and proceedure. That all participants are aware of and in agreeance to.
      I think HubPages staff would find a decreased need to patrol the forums, or the need of so many forums to patrol. We are a social breed, with a place to socialize we are happier.
      You may be right HubPages may decide the Hubbers Hangout is to labor intensive, I for one hope you are incorrect. Peace and Love, Mikel