jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Comments capsule settings not working

1. 0
    cosetteposted 7 years ago

Because those crafty spammers somehow manage to infiltrate my hubs and leave their @#*#! Ugg boots spam on them. i swear to god if i get one more of those...

here is what my settings are:

x-Comments must be approved before they appear
    x-Email me when new comments are posted
    x-Only signed-in users may post comments

and yet, still they come and the comments are already there, even though i didn't approve them. something isn't right here.

2. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 7 years ago

On which hub?

3. 0

my valentine's hub. oh, p.s. i deleted it. i never leave spam on my hubs.

4. pauldeeds profile image
    pauldeedsposted 7 years ago

The only 2 recent ugg comments that I see are on your New Years 2010 hub from 9 days ago.  Changes to the comments capsule settings are not retroactive.  Did you restrict the comments to signed in users recently, or has it been that way for a while?

5. 0

really? that's about the time i started turning on comments restrictions on each hub. i just checked that hub and here are the settings that have been in place since i published it:

Comments must be approved before they appear
    Email me when new comments are posted
    Only signed-in users may post comments

i am not seeing any ugg comments on there though. hmm...

i did find some empty photo capsules, so i deleted them. also i am not getting notifcation of comments, even though i have that turned on. that little glitch started last week.

thank you for taking time to look at this. i appreciate it. i'm sure you have tons of stuff to do. i was wondering if other members had a similar problem.

working