jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Is this normal? Traffic to almost nothing? A little advice, please?

1. SandyMcCollum profile image84
    SandyMcCollumposted 6 years ago

I've heard that from mid December till end of February it's normal for traffic to tank a little. But, since about the beginning of December up to now, I've experienced traffic drops of over 90%. Out of 39 hubs - which used to get hundreds of hits a day - yesterday I had 11 pageviews on 9 hubs, and today I have 10 on 8 hubs. A looooooooong string of ZEROs every day!

Do I need a serious hub makeover on many hubs, or should I just wait to see what happens? It's really discouraging.

2. Gregg Biancci profile image81
    Gregg Biancciposted 6 years ago

I wonder if google has changed some ranking algorithms.

3. Ivorwen profile image85
    Ivorwenposted 6 years ago

On another thread, Habee said her traffic and earning have been down since the beginning of December.

I began at the beginning of last year, and have never had the best traffic, but my numbers are up - almost double, and on my older work, so I know that it has very little to do with more publishing.

4. SandyMcCollum profile image84
    SandyMcCollumposted 6 years ago

Hmmm. Well maybe it's my subject matter... but I did used to get hundreds of hits a day. Thanks for your help, I'll just keep a watch. I did go through my keywords with a fine-toothed comb, but it didn't change the traffic at all.

5. relache profile image87
    relacheposted 6 years ago

If you are already signed up for Google's Analytics, you can use that info to get a better idea of where your traffic was coming from and what people were looking for that they aren't now than you get with the stats here.

6. 0
    BookFlameposted 6 years ago

I've had the same problem.  I'm down 30%  What gives?  Am I naive?

7. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

If you are only using one HP identity, 39 hubs isn't very many and several of those are aimed at Black Friday traffic and Christmas. So that's not leaving you with a very large hub portfolio to move forward with. I think you need to add hubs and diversify your subjects across the whole year.

I think I counted 2 Black Friday and 1 Cyber Monday Hub. That would explain an early December drop off. Several of your Hubs are Valentines and those probably won't kick in for a while

Relache's tip about checking out Google Analytics is very good as well.

My Christmas traffic is down, which is to be expected. But because I have a lot of non-Holiday content, my traffic now is much higher than my October traffic levels.