jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (9 posts)

Adsense is what......!

1. thranax profile image58
    thranaxposted 6 years ago

Hey, now I don't mean to be complaining of an increase in adsense impressions, but I think there might be a problem.

Lately, I published 2-3 hubs here and there and they been slowly getting traffic like all other hubs. Yesterday, my adsense impressions was 1/4th of what it is right now and its scary, for the man reason that it is almost x4 higher then it has ever been and for two...

Hubpages only amounts for 1\4th of it.

I dont know where the H-E-Double Hockey Sticks the other (over 250) impressions are coming from! They aren't coming from any of the sites I have analytics applied on and I don't have any other sites I put the adsense code on.

It isn't getting an insane amount of clicks (well..almost none honestly) but what is going on? Is it a glitch in the system? Is that why there going to be doing maintenance today?

Any help is appreciated, like I said...this is a godsend or a death sentence.

1. relache profile image86
      relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

This is where Analytics can show you what's happening.

2. tobey100 profile image60
      tobey100posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Adsense and I have parted ways.  I was told my hubs were a 'threat', no explanation.  Not too heart broken, never even look at adsense.  I just write

2. Cagsil profile image85
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Maybe you hit some really good keywords. smile

I'm glad you have a traffic increase, the more the better. I know clicks are important, but the more traffic the more chance for clicks.

I can only say, be happy with it. smile

thranaxposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You don't get it..hour by hour its increasing 20 or 40 impressions. I don't know where its from. Its not from Hubpages traffic.

If someone took the code and put it on a site that pays people for clicks and I start getting bad clicks, then I will be banned. Thats what I am worried about. Although I didn't put the code into any bad sites or fields before...

3. Ivorwen profile image84
    Ivorwenposted 6 years ago

I'm betting that your default URL tracking code is on some high traffic pages for the moment, or one of the people under you is doing very well.

From what I have observed, if someone comes in from an organic source and then clicks on of the side links, your tracker is in it.  It will stay for 2 hours.  I think that link follows them every where they go on HP, so someone who wanders around the site could give you many impressions.

thranaxposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It could be that, although how it happens I don't know. Whoever hub is that high trafficking that 10% of there traffic is amounts for this vast amount of impressions is phenomenal.

4. Cagsil profile image85
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

I see. Sorry, I only made the comment, because a lot of my Hub traffic on some of written Hubs have blue arrows, but some of my photo Hubs have red arrows.  I am at 466 impression myself for all of my hubs. smile

5. Ivorwen profile image84
    Ivorwenposted 6 years ago

Thranax~ How are things looking today?

I was thinking more about this, and remembered a time when my tracker went up over 4,000 views in less then a week.  The only thing I can figure is that I was the first one to comment on a very popular hubber's hub.  During that same time, four people were signed up under me, and I know that more than one of these are fans of his. 

I don't really understand how the tracker works, but I do know that it can really get spread around, and cause some funny numbers. 

I really do hope everything is well for you, and that there is not a real problem.