jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (7 posts)

Scrolling comment capsule

1. mel22 profile image60
    mel22posted 6 years ago

I noticed on a few hubs of people that have been here over a few years that their comments capsules get s t r e t c h e d out with 200 some odd comments. While its nice to have that many comments , does anyone else think it makes the article seem drawn- and- qaurtered ?

I'm suggesting a new scrolling comment capsule that might hold all comments but show possibly , five to ten comments , with the ability to scroll-through the rest while staying anchored.

Photo capsules give the option of having thumbnails view or slideshow, border or no border, so i thought maybe there could be a CLASSIC style comment box or SCROLL-THROUGH comment box. Choice would be on  the Hubber. sub-options could be show 5, 10, 20 comments on the scroll at a time and also  the option of showing most recent/ or latest comments first versus oldest comments first ( last options already available )

This would also let the ads and links that are underneath the comments be seen quicker instead of being so far down the page and keep the hub anchored in the window which would make it look better ,IMO.

I would rather see new features that can be directly used on hubs than new forum features, myself.

Any thoughts? and be honest ...I'm just throwing this out there to get feedback.    Good idea or  Bad idea    !!!

2. elayne001 profile image45
    elayne001posted 6 years ago

Personally, I think it is a great idea. Hope it can be implemented.

3. Ohma profile image81
    Ohmaposted 6 years ago

Great Idea.

4. Ivorwen profile image83
    Ivorwenposted 6 years ago

I'm not positive, but I think the hub author can adjust how many comments are shown at a time (to a certain extent) by editing the comment capsule on the hub.

1. relache profile image88
      relacheposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The Hub Author does have the option to edit how many comments are displayed, but then there's also a link that let's the reader see all the comments ever made.

5. mel22 profile image60
    mel22posted 6 years ago

Valid point, ill have to check that out, although i don't think the rest of the other comments would be scrollable to the user

6. mel22 profile image60
    mel22posted 6 years ago

Thanks for that info. Clears that up I guess! except for the scrollable part which would keep the hub anchored while reading comments!