jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

Social bookmarking and duplicate content

1. 0
    blogsiteposted 6 years ago

I submitted my hubs to social bookmarking but in the descriptions i putted the same article that i have in my hubs. You think that search engines will see my hubs like duplicate content?

2. skyfire profile image74
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

No. Search engines refer to original article and in case of bookmarking site they just look for linkback and comments links. Think of it this way, if any of your follower posted like this then how come SE will decide ?

There is no issue of duplicate content that way. Have a nice day.

1. 0
      blogsiteposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you skyfire,
      I was worry but you answer give more ideas about the social bookmarking.

3. andromida profile image77
    andromidaposted 6 years ago

I think Google will not consider your original one as a duplicate content because I have been doing so for the last 7 months,still Google did not put any penalty to my hubs.thanks.

1. 0
      blogsiteposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thank you andromida

4. skyfire profile image74
    skyfireposted 6 years ago

If you ask me about digg you can't post whole content of hub,right ? So only first or any random para can be posted. There is no problem from SE about this.

They look for your link in social bookmarks and not the content. That is cause many people write their own views of article when they submit to digg, reddit etc. So there is no search engine effect on that link because of content posted that way. Rest assured, there is no duplicate content penalty from search engines.

5. sunforged profile image67
    sunforgedposted 6 years ago

Whats a duplicate content penalty? care to explain? with sources?

6. darkside profile image83
    darksideposted 6 years ago

I wouldn't say that there's a penalty, but I would say there is no advantage. If you make an effort to have an original blurb, I believe, you will do better.