jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (8 posts)

1. Paul Mobley profile image61
    Paul Mobleyposted 8 years ago

I think I have tried everything yet I cannot geta Amazon banner up on my page, or for that matter get anything about Amazon up. I have a banner script to use.  How do I get it done ?

1. Peter M. Lopez profile image92
      Peter M. Lopezposted 8 years ago in reply to this

No can do.  You cannot place Amazon banners on your hubs.  You can add Amazon products in a capsule, but no banners.

2. Paul Mobley profile image61

Thank you Peter. That relieves one frustration. But wouldn't there be the same problem with products ? I haven't tried them, so I do not not know if they use a script or what. Enlighten me if you would.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image84
      Maddie Ruudposted 8 years ago in reply to this

Are you familiar with the capsule format of HP publishing?  You can see your options on the right-hand side of the editing screen--text, photo, video, etc.  One of those is Amazon, one is Ebay.  You can add Amazon products either by ISBN or simply enter a keyword and category in your capsule and related products will automatically show up.  Just be sure to designate which you're doing in the dropdown menu.

3. Inspirepub profile image87
    Inspirepubposted 8 years ago

The amazon capsule allows you to choose the category of items to display - books, products, or a subset. It defaults to "all".

4. Cameron Corniuk profile image89
    Cameron Corniukposted 8 years ago

Not to hijack the topic, but I saw the eBay and Amazon capsules.  Are thes elike AdSense, where I can get paid from the impressions or clicks?  Or, is it just to link to my individual items?

5. bloggerdollar profile image43
    bloggerdollarposted 8 years ago

Cameron Amazon works with referall fees from ordered items.

The best way (that I could find) to work with Amazon is adding a capsule to your Hub setting the preferences to ASIN go to the Amazon search for the products that you want to display and write down their ASIN codes to the capsule.

You can check my 10 Best Science Fiction Movies for the use of Amazon. For each movie I placed an Amazon link of the movie. I couldn't sell any yet but I'm happy with the style:)

6. Paul Mobley profile image61

Thanks to all you guys. Now I know where I am headed with Amazon and maybe eBay.
    Thanks again for your help.