jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (5 posts)

BAFTA Fancy some sex and drugs and rock and roll?

1. shazwellyn profile image84
    shazwellynposted 6 years ago

I picked a brilliant film and reviewed it.  Please feel free to click here and give me some constructive critism on the hub and the film concept.  Its a biopic of Ian Dury!

http://hubpages.com/hub/Fancy-Some-Sex- … oll-Hit-Me

The great thing is this film that I tipped has been nominated for best lead actor. I am really excited and hope this film will get more publicity for which it deserves.  I really would love your comments!

2. theirishobserver. profile image61
    theirishobserver.posted 6 years ago

juts read your review excellent, I never knew that about Ian, advocating for disabled, he was a punk era man.....Have you ever heard the song Dont like Mondays by the Boomtown Rats...Bob Gledoff....love it favourite song of all time....

shazwellynposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Yes, a real classic!  Based on a true story, as well.  Geldoff was influenced by Ian Dury!  Not bad for a bus driver, eh?

The whole punk ethic was about advocasy and rights in a time when Britain was dogged with rules from the establishment.  This was true for the Clash... they advocated for anti racism.  Many punks at the time just didnt get it ... it was the sex pistols who were racist!  That is why there was a feud between the Clash and the Sex Pistols (we all know the pistols was a great rock and roll swindle, dont we?!)

If you want to know the roots to music... Dury was fundamental to Punk.. The Clash was funamental to todays Indie (Joy Division helped change the direction of music and are now the major influence to Editors, Interpol and the ilke).

If you want to check out http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Psychosis-o … y-Division you might understand how music has evolved.

Would love some comments ... I want to improve and become a better hubber!

3. 0
    poetlorraineposted 6 years ago

your hub was brilliant i will certainly be back to read more, Ian Dury is a great man.... or was, i liked all the information, so keep writing hubs for us, is my suggestion.  Nice to meet you

shazwellynposted 6 years ago in reply to this

It is even better to meet you Lorraine... I often read your poetry x