jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (9 posts)

Hub "COMMENTS" Getting Wiped Out Before They Post

1. Robert Kernodle profile image90
    Robert Kernodleposted 6 years ago

This is quite infuriating -- to have a comment that you spend fifteen or so minutes carefully composing in another person's hub, only to see it wiped out because of a glitch, and it never gets posted, and you loose your moment in that train of thought, so you cannot reproduce it.

Anybody else having (ever had) this problem?

2. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Yes, I have had that problem.

So, I've now trained myself, if I am going to post a long post in a comment section...I right click, click select all, then copy, just in case.

This way, I can come back, should it not post properly and not have to retype in the comment. smile

Hope that helps. smile

3. Maddie Ruud profile image83
    Maddie Ruudposted 6 years ago

Did you actually get an error message, or did your comment simply not appear?  Some users have their comment boxes set to only display comments after approval.

4. Cagsil profile image83
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Hey Maddie,

My cases, one yesterday, was an error base. I had to click ok to continue.

However, I've been, as I said, run into this a few times, but have taken other measures. It doesn't happen that often. It only seems to happen when there is a slow reaction.

smile Thank you smile

5. 0
    lyricsingrayposted 6 years ago

a lot of glitches yesterday and today sad

1. tobey100 profile image60
      tobey100posted 6 years ago in reply to this

I thought it was just me??

1. 0
        lyricsingrayposted 6 years ago in reply to this

aww no big_smile

6. Whitney05 profile image67
    Whitney05posted 6 years ago

Happens a lot. There are a lot of comment box problem threads on the forums that express the same problem.

7. Robert Kernodle profile image90
    Robert Kernodleposted 6 years ago

Thanks to all for confirming the problem.

MORAL OF THE STORY:  Whenever we want to post thoughtful, sincere comments, we must first train ourselves to write them somewhere else besides the message box, so that we may later copy/post them to the message box, perhaps multiple times before we succeed past the glitches that always threaten to wipe us out.

COPY before POSTING.

If the first effort fails, then try, try again until you defeat that eeevil glitch (^__^).

OOPS!, I did not copy this before I now try to post it.  Pray with me:  "Please, please, please, Lord, let this comment post."