jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (26 posts)

Comments Vanishing when I post them.

1. mistyhorizon2003 profile image91
    mistyhorizon2003posted 7 years ago

A weird problem I have noticed today and yesterday, is that when I post a comment on to another hubber's hub, as soon as I click "post", I am immediately spun up to the top of the hub, and when I scroll down again my comment has vanished, so I have to try to remember exactly what I said and type it out again.

This has happened about 10 times to me now, and I have got to the stage I am "copying" the text before I post, in case I need to "paste" it back into a comments capsule when it vanishes.

Anyone else experiencing this too?

1. viryabo profile image86
      viryaboposted 7 years agoin reply to this

smile I now do the same. Copy before hitting the submit button. Such a chore

2. rebekahELLE profile image90
    rebekahELLEposted 7 years ago

not exactly like that, but today I was leaving a comment and had typed it and was rereading it before I clicked to post and it disappeared and said that I had to enter a comment...hmm  it was rather long too, and I didn't want to type it again.

3. profile image0
    SirDentposted 7 years ago

It happened to me once last night. I just retyped my comment and tried again and it worked.

4. mistywild profile image58
    mistywildposted 7 years ago

happened here a couple of times yesterday, of course I was being very detailed in what I was writing, so it really ticked me off to have to post again. Haven't had the problem today though.

5. mistyhorizon2003 profile image91
    mistyhorizon2003posted 7 years ago

It seems to work okay the second time, but really annoying if you forget to copy the text and it is a long detailed comment that you lose and have to try and remember in order to re-type it. Hope the team fix this soon!

6. wsp2469 profile image60
    wsp2469posted 7 years ago

I've seen this kind of thing happen, too.  I don't stress it though I just copy my message every time just in case!

7. wyanjen profile image84
    wyanjenposted 7 years ago

I get a message when I click the Post Comment button, a few times today.

It red, it says something to the effect of, you have not entered any text.

My text isn't deleted, it just keeps prompting me that I have not entered any.
    So, I had the chance to copy what I typed the first time.

What worked for me was to close the page and reload it. Refresh didn't work.

mistyhorizon2003posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Interesting, I am not getting any message, text just vanishes as if it had never been typed! I think I'd prefer your problem, at least I wouldn't lose what I had typed if I had forgotten to copy it big_smile

1. wyanjen profile image84
        wyanjenposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Weird, right? smile
        It's interesting when our glitches behave in different ways.

I'm glad I got the message without losing my stuff. I just did not have the patience today to re-type it. I would have had some comment-less hubs.

Yes it is weird, I wonder why this is. I would have thought a problem would be the same for everyone, but apparently not so!

This problem may not have affected your own hubs (I don't know), but it has only happened to me when posting on other people's hubs, not on my own, but maybe I was just lucky wink

1. wyanjen profile image84

Nope, it was only on my own hubs. Like, I'm not an authority on my own stuff. Not enough cred, maybe.
            lol

But I am a Mac, and today I am using Safari instead of Firefox.

Confusing as hell, I am on Internet Explorer, but am not convinced the browser is behind these problems!

1. Cagsil profile image60
                Cagsilposted 7 years agoin reply to this

I use Window XP, with Internet Explorer and have that same problem.

And, I agree- I don't think it's the browser behind the problem. I think it's a scripting problem. That's all. It doesn't happen too much, every once in a while.

Ditto that, I too am on XP, but in my case it is happening every second or third post on other's hubs, (although not on the forums strangely).

1. Cagsil profile image60
                    Cagsilposted 7 years agoin reply to this

That's funny. And, quite amusing. Mine only happens in the forum and not outside it. lol

2. wyanjen profile image84

It's not a browser problem because there are so many of us experiencing it.
                But, sometimes different browsers do behave differently when something goes wrong, I've found. I switch around a lot between the two I have loaded here. They don't always agree on how to deal with an error lol
                I'm also using an older OS.

8. profile image0
    TMinutposted 7 years ago

Yes, this happens to me too often. I end up just coming back to the forums because I get tired of it.

Glad there are quite a few of us, as this means the hub team should act on the problem now smile

9. pylos26 profile image78
    pylos26posted 7 years ago

What i get when i try to post is a scrol to the utmost top where a message states..."Sorry. you are not allowed to post on the forums" ha ha what does that mean?

Hmmm, perhaps you iz taking the mickey my little friend big_smile

2. wyanjen profile image84

I think it means you are an evil genius who secretly knows how to post even if you get a message that says. "Sorry. you are not allowed to post on the forums".

Do you have a volcano lair? Does your volcano lair have a Mac network or PC?

10. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 7 years ago

I've noticed that too but thought it was just me big_smile

11. profile image0
    ralwusposted 7 years ago

This problem has been ongoing for me for some time now, weeks, and quite frankly I am getting fed up with it. It is aggravating to say the least! sad sad sad

working