jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (12 posts)

Valentine's Day Affiliate Review - More Nelle Nagging

1. 0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 6 years ago

If you made a serious effort to go after Valentine's Day traffic this year, today's a great day to assess how successful you were. And to plan next year's strategy. If you want to make serious money online - learning from your experience is really important.

I wrote about 150 hubs geared toward romance, love and Valentine's day this fall. So for the past 10 days, I've been looking at Google Analytics and seeing what keywords actually brought people to HP and these pages. And I checked out what I sold.

Then I compared it to the keywords that I had optimized for. I also checked out the content of the hubs and looked to make sure people had a nice selection of products that were compatible with the keywords that brought them there. So I did have to add a few capsules here and there.

I inserted a listing of these keywords in my love and romance notebook. (Yes I have notebooks by topics.) Today I'm switching the Valentines focus over to other romantic topics. But I'm also writing new romance hubs today, because I probably know more about the topic now that I will in 8 months, when I start to think about V-day. I also make notes about how I think these hubs can move from one romantic theme to another. So I can do it quickly and efficiently.

1. lakeerieartists profile image79
      lakeerieartistsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Thanks for sharing these great tips Nelle.  You are so incredibly organized.  I appreciate your ideas.

2. Daisydot profile image61
      Daisydotposted 6 years ago in reply to this

150 hubs on romance! That's a serious portfolio of work. I wish I had the discipline to knuckle down and write. I know what to do, the spirit is willing, I just suffer from inertia.

2. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 6 years ago

Nelle I am surprised you are not writing your summer product hubs now! lol
    You are always well placed for the season when it gets here and that little secret to your success is one I do want to nick off ya big_smile

My best selling hub is probably as successful as it is because I wanted to be the first to hit that particular market and it worked, thx smile

3. 0

Hi Kristen - I've gotten to a point where I do have a diverse hub portfolio. And yes there's plenty of summer hubs. Don't forget I wrote my first hub in March so you know I was thinking summer. But sometimes, it's good to write hubs, when the detailed info is burning in the brain. Especially because romance and love can be year round if the hub is written properly. Some little tweaking and you'll get through a bunch of life milestones and events.

4. thisisoli profile image72
    thisisoliposted 6 years ago

You are way more organized than me, which is why I should be able to write an experienced hub on the keywords 'Oh sh*t I forgot it was today'.

5. Dame Scribe profile image61
    Dame Scribeposted 6 years ago

I wouldn't call these tips as, nagging wink I think it's great to have dedicated organizational skills. Almost like a workplan! big_smile

6. Gina Coole profile image86
    Gina Cooleposted 6 years ago

I notice Nelle is one of the HubPages Elite (and I'm not).  Is this a new thing?  I see we have an Elite page too with role calls for different 'duties' such as greeters. 

Hubpages is becoming a bit like a kind of church.  Anyway I'll volunteer to make virtual coffee and also do the flowers!

PS: Please reassure me HubPages isn't a recruiting venue for the Scientologists! smile

7. 0

Coffee and flowers much appreciated. There's no scientologists lurking on the couch with me as I write hubs - promise - or catholics, or presbyterians or buddhists or anything else.

8. PrettyPanther profile image86
    PrettyPantherposted 6 years ago

I'm not here to make money (so far), but if I ever decide to put my mind to it, you and a few others will be my inspiration!

9. 0
    lynnechandlerposted 6 years ago

I hadn't noticed that the elite moniker would take you to other places in the site. I clicked on it to discover the great little page that lists who is on each elite team. I actually like this because if there is something that comes up you kind of have a go to without really having to wait for the admin to pick up a thread started in fix this problem.

I don't mean things like site fixes but if you just can't figure something out and need a little advice. Or hey you see a struggling newbie and don't have an answer to their question.

I also really want to say that I have seen several posts here in the forum recently that give some great advice, this being one of them. Darkside has one as does yoshi.

Thanks to all the hubbers who take the time to help out and want to wish them all a Happy Valentine's Day as well as a blessed weekend.

10. Hmrjmr1 profile image79
    Hmrjmr1posted 6 years ago

Dittos on Lynnes message Thanks folks and