jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (6 posts)

The 2 link rule??? Got a question about it:)

1. Bigfriendly1581 profile image60
    Bigfriendly1581posted 6 years ago

Hello everybody,

I know that if your promoting a product or program you can't link out to the products site but twice. What about adding links to your related articles on Ezine or Squidoo? Is this alright and whats the limit on links?

1. Marisa Wright profile image93
      Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Scott, the rule is two links to another website, so the same restriction applies.

However, IMO you'd be crazy to link out to an Ezine article.  Your Ezine articles aren't making you any money, so why would you want to send people away from a money-making article to a non-money-making one?

1. Bigfriendly1581 profile image60
        Bigfriendly1581posted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hey Marisa:)

I guess I'm just trying to keep the person searching for info on web pages that I have created. I feel like this will increase my chances of having the searcher click through to my affiliate offering. I purchased a .info domain and then did a redirect to the affiliate program. Ezine allows you to link to directly to an affiliate program if you do this. I guess I was also thinking that by adding Ezine or Squidoo links to my Hub that I would get the additional back-linking help. 

Am I wrong about this???

2. Cagsil profile image84
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

You have 2 links to the same domain name. No more than that.

So, if you have more than one domain name, then you can have more than 2 links out.

However, check the "overly promotional" rules to confirm that. smile

3. relache profile image88
    relacheposted 6 years ago

There is a two link rule on outgoing links, but spam is also defined as when a Hub solely promotes one other website.  So, if you only have two links and they go to the same domain, that too could be flagged as spam.

4. Misha profile image74
    Mishaposted 6 years ago

You should be fine. Ezine is a different domain and Squidoo, too smile